Diffuser or no diffuser that is the Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaKat11

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I can't decide weather I should get a diffuser for my new Sealife Digital Flash. I have a Canon A520 Camera with the canon WP-DC60 housing for it. I do alot of MACRO/Close up photography. Can anyone give me advice on weather a diffuser is a good investment to make?

Try it without. If you don't like the results, try it with. If you still don't like the results, I can't help you. :D

My strobes came with diffusers but I never use them. I move the strobes around to minimize hotspots and I take multiple photos of the same thing. YMMV.

I took my diffusers off too and never use them. If you're only using one strobe, it may help to increase the angle of coverage, but with two strobes (Ike DS-125s), it's no problem.

I tend to use diffusers all the time. I have Sea and Sea YS 90s and don't like the harshness of the undiffused strobe. I am not familiar with the strobe that you're using, but in general, diffusers are cheap and removable. Reccomend trying them and seeing how ypu like them. They tend to offer more even softer light which I find perferable in most of my pictures. I take them off when I'm looking for more dramatic shadows.

Just my 2 psi.
John

Thanks for the input. i'll take it into consideration if I decide to get a diffuser.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom