Digital Flash (old one)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

prskate2

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Is this flash very buoyant? Is the weight necessary? What else do you use instead of buying the weight?

It's actually pretty buoyant. I had a lanyard attached to my BC and the camera would float over my head. I got rid of the plastic camera tray and replaced it with a metal one. I also use ultra light arms and now the camera is a bit negative buoyant.

Was it hard to mod it to make it metal?

It is pretty bouyant, but I don't notice it in the water, honestly. And it is not at all hard to control. I do not use counter weights or anything like that.

That being said I have never brought the camera in without the flash, so maybe the difference would bother me if I had experience the other way first...

Not at all. They actually sell one for that camera. Here is a link to a local shop I got it at. They are awesome.
Backscatter Underwater Video & Photo: underwater and waterproof camera housings

Where is it?

It is pretty bouyant, but I don't notice it in the water, honestly. And it is not at all hard to control. I do not use counter weights or anything like that.

That being said I have never brought the camera in without the flash, so maybe the difference would bother me if I had experience the other way first...

Ok thanks.

Where is the part or Where is the store? The store is in Monterey California but they ship all over the world. You my have to email them or call to get the camera tray for your specific camera. I have the dc500 and they set me up with everything. It's not cheap.

I'm diving the DC600 Elite. Since it came with the flash, I have never dove it without the strobe. I noticed the first few dives (I dive "loose", or very relaxed...) my arm floated up to my body. When I realized it, I also realized what it looked like when I was diving. I spent the money for the weight... my relaxed style of diving works with the weight... So much so, that I added it back into my bag for this week's Saba trip...

Thanks everyone.

Cooltech: I dive very relaxed too. So i'll test it w/o the weight for a few dives.

Back
Top Bottom