Digital Imaging at Beneath The Sea Show

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MaresMan1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Just attended a great Digital Imaging class with Jack and Sue Drafahl of Image Concepts. What a great experience. They have so much experience in both film and digital. Learned more than enough to keep me busy for some time.

The class covered digital resolution and capability of various digital cameras. Basic lighting and composure was covered. However, the meat of the class was about using Photo editors, printers and storage techniques. These guys are Photoshop masters. They covered editing, clone, patch, healing tools and layers.

They are also PS testers for plugins, as they have collected over 5000 plugins for PS and PE. One color correction plugin was really interesting from Pictograph called "I Correct". It took a completely washed out UW picture and corrected it to a beautiful pic. I need that plugin. If you are interested in PIs try this website to check a good collection out www.thepluginsite.com

While in the class Sue received a call from their Kodak rep and stated that Kodak has officially dropped all support for slide film. Jack stated that this has been going on for some time and Fuji is the last holdout. He also stated that with the costs of film developing going up, due to environmental pressures, film will be going the way of the dinosaur.

All in all it was a very informative class. Next year they will be holding an advanced DI (Photoshop) class.

Dive Smart; Dive Safe
Enjoy the ride
:cool1:

Do those plugins work with PElements? Glad you learned alot, I was wondering if anyone was going to that.

Thanks Dee.

According to Jack most of the plugins will work with PSE as long as PSE supports that function. They are so many PIs that it got to be mind numbing (over 8000). Some of them do very strange things that were not very useful, unless you are into strange things (like wormhole effects or Super Nova explosions).

Good class though.

Dive SMart; Dive Safe
Enjoy the ride

20.gif

Good stuff my friend.

Thanks!

Thanks so much...wish I could have joined you for the class

jagfish:
Hey Maresman
I was looking at that website you posted, and I could not immediately see where "I correct" was. Can you tell me what part of the site it is located on?

Many thanks

JAG

Jagfish,

Sorry to say that "I Correct" is not part of that website's plugins. I wish it were 'cause I could use the help. That plugin is the property of Pictograph, and must be purchased.

I have not had any luck in finding Pitograph on the web as yet. Whatever I learn I will post here.

Sorry sir :cry:

Dive Smart; Dive Safe
Enjoy the ride

justleesa:
Thanks so much...wish I could have joined you for the class

Leesa,

The class was very good and fun, but I would rather be out your way with you and the Great Gilligan. I could pick up Dynamic Dee on the way :wink:

Still to cold here to get wet for me.

Dive Smart; Dive Safe
Enjoy the ride

MaresMan1:
I have not had any luck in finding Pitograph on the web as yet. Whatever I learn I will post here.:

PictoColor Corporation

(I'm not the photographer in the family ... just the safety diver for
my wife, who is. She hasn't used this yet, but it looks interesting)

Best -

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom