Digital Under Water Temperature Guage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lost Yooper

Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Does anyone know if someone makes a digital under water temperature guage? I've seen some computers that monitor temperature, and I've seen regular thermometers, but I've never seen a digital temperature guage for scuba diving.

Mike

Aqualung epg does.. And i thing the Scubapro/uwatec digital pressure gauge does..

I use the UWATEC as well, and I am verry pleased with it. It fits into my consol as well and i think it has a 10 Year batterylife.

Michael

Temp - my Cobra has a digital readout, as does my Oceanic Data Plus. But the one I find most accurate is the one in my Citizen Aqualand.
Rick

One thing I've noticed on my Texas Lake dives to the colder thermoclines is the relatively slow response of my computer to record the correct temperature. 3-5 minutes in obviously colder water and it reads warmer than I think it should. Could this be because it's encased in the rubber console and the temp sensor is somewhat "insulated"?

I'm thinking of getting one of the inexpensive "fridge magenet" thermometers and zip tieing it somewhere.

Why????
There is no real need to know what the instantanous temperautre is.

OR

Are you trying for the christmas tree look?

omar

Actually in the areas where I dive, we experience several thermoclines, so it's information that I like to obtain for the dive log. Plus some local folks like keeping tabs on what's going on in the local lakes.

I agree with ya Mike, our lakes in Texas have multiple thermoclines and the information can be valuable to other divers as well as ourselves, my Vyper also has a lag time in recording temps, any more suggestions?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom