Digital Underwater Photographer Club Meeting In Raleigh

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here is the information. If anyone needs specific information you can PM me or call Gypsy (LDS).

Sunday, February 20 starting at 1PM.

This is planned to be THE day for any diver interested in any aspect of underwater digital photography. We'll be in the water grabbing images of the Gypsy reef and practicing camera buoyancy skills from 1 until 2:30. Then we'll upload, project. and critique the images from 2:30 until 4, and then we'll discuss Photoshop and other types of image manipulation and printing from 4 until 5:30, followed by pizza and beverages. Interested divers are welcome to attend any and/or all of the day's activities. If you have your own U/W digital equipment, please bring it. If you don't, just come to learn. You can share the use of our store camera. If you have your own scuba gear, please bring it. If you want to use ours, it's a $15 rental fee for whatever all you need.
There is NO CHARGE for this event, other than any rental gear you may need.
And you're very welcome to attend this event whether or not you're a Gypsy Diver member, or even a diver - and you're very welcome to bring friends. Just RSVP us so we'll have a reasonable head count.

The Feb meeting was a blast and I learned a lot. The reef was teeming with fish, including the elusive camera toting Allison fish. Rumor is the meeting will be hosted by a different dive shop next month.

A different shop? With an indoor heated pool? I sure hope so. Why the change? Did the donations not cover the pizza?

BTW, nice picture of "hotlips" the elusive clown fish.

Talking with Dave and the owner of another Raleigh shop, Down Under Surf and Scuba, the original idea was to have the group form as a non-shop affiliated entity. Gypsy agreeded to start it off. My understanding is that for meeting that don't require a pool, like how to use Photoshop, we may meet elsewhere. The advantage being that we can pull members and resources from both shop clubs. Both shops have very active clubs, each with lots of members....some of us are members of both :).

Allison Finch:
A different shop? With an indoor heated pool? I sure hope so. Why the change? Did the donations not cover the pizza?

BTW, nice picture of "hotlips" the elusive clown fish.
I am unaware of any shops in the area other then Gypsy with a heated pool on site. I do like the idea of being non associated.
:D

I have my new equipment and need to try it out. I am going to call Gypsy and see if I can get in the pool monday or so. I know they'll charge me, but the practise will be crucial.
Wanna go?

Hummm....Monday evening ?... Need a buddy? I got a trip planned next weekend, I could still use an hour or so of pool time. Seems like it's $20 which includes a tank.

Back
Top Bottom