DIN handwheel connector torque

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HenrikBP

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm rebuilding a SP MK5 1st stage and need the torque spec for the DIN handwheel connector? What's the number for the SP yoke retainer?

From the MK5 clone Oceanic PX2 manual (thanks Couv) I have handwheel connector torque: 16-18 ft/lbs and yoke retainer torque: 23-25 ft/lbs.

Thanks

Henrik

Last edited:
The SP yoke retainer and din retainer both get the same torque. I go just a little light setting it for 22 Ft-Lb. Torque on those fittings is important because it is possible to twist the 1st stage while under tank pressure and actually loosen the retainer. The SP spec seems to be higher than just about everyone else so keeping it a little light should not be a problem. Too tight and things (metal) start to break, like the Mk20 problem.

Part #: Mk5 yoke retainer (nut) 10.101.147
Mk5 din retainer 10.105.116

Thanks Awap;

Yeah, sounds a tad high - but it is what it is I guess. My Apeks FSR 1st stage service manual calls for only 20Nm / 14.7 ft/lbs for the DIN connector.

Henrik

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom