Din tanks at Habitat Curacao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BlueWaterDiving

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Do they have din there????? Or the tank valves that go both ways ???? Will be leaving on the 13 to 19 June

I don't remember seeing anything but yoke there. But I wasn't especially looking.

Try Ocean Encounters - either at their main location east of town by the Sea Aquarium. or Ocean Encounters West, it's up by Lodge Kura Hulanda in West Punt. About the same driving distance but most of the better sites on the west end are between Habitat and OEWest.

Curacao Technical PADI Courses - Ocean Encounters Curacao

Or Caribbean Sea Sports at the Marriott in Piscadera Bay - in west Willemsted. http://www.caribseasports.com/06_about_us.html

BWD
I just called Easy Divers at Habitat. They have adapters that you can rent for $2 per day.

I have adapter I just dont like it. They said they have the pro valve so we will see. I have adapter packed.

at the risk of sounding stupid..(i'm going in a month) what's the dfiference from DIN and English yokes...and which is or not better???

Packed and going to airport. Will be sleeping in Curacao tonight and diving in morning:D

at the risk of sounding stupid..(i'm going in a month) what's the dfiference from DIN and English yokes...and which is or not better???

Also, the Yoke valve contains an O-Ring within the tank side of the valve. The O Ring on a DIN tank is on the regulator side. That means that if you get a leaky tank on a boat, then its your fault since its your O Ring. The DIN connection is a lot stronger, and less prone to leaking. The ORing is a lot less likely to extrude. It is also very common in Europe.

Tom

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom