Dinner?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa

Neither here nor there
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
We went to China Town this week and went hunting for some cool photo ops...stepped into one shop and they had this cage crawling with toads (I guess they were toad? maybe frogs?) anyway, really nice looking and I thought they were selling them as pets....but noooooo...they were selling them for "dinner"....:(

IMG_1660.jpg

IMG_1661.jpg

I don't think I could eat a toad for dinner....or breakfast or lunch, either. :(

How many would you need for a decent meal?

Dave

Their body was a least as big as my fist....So I'm guessing about 7 or so would be a much as a small chicken....

mmmm, frog legs :froggy:

This is the reason I don't like wandering around the food places in Chinatown. I get creeped out easily with food items. I also don't like the look of the stores.

Once I was in Chinatown in San Francisico and they were selling live turtles and a dead armadillo for food. ( Shudder )

I *think* those are frogs based on the smooth skin on the heads.

We need to band together and save them! :huh: Heh...Leesa could buy them all and set them free! :froggy: :eyebrow: :froggy:

I've tried frog legs... and yes, they taste like chicken. Not sure what the appeal is there, but I guess to each their own.

me thinks I'd get in trouble :scared:- Don't they have frog trouble on the Big Island?

There was this one store - herbal medicine and accupuncture, had some really strange stuff in the window...a dried snake, bugs...there was some animal that was cut open...all in the name of medicine

Interesting....

Did you know that our FDA has classified leeches and maggots as "medical devices"? They're the first live animals to have earned such distinction. So, seems a lot of things are done in the name of medicine.

As for frogs legs......well, French people love them too! And snails as well! They're considered delicacies insofar as my understanding goes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom