DIR Answer Required

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

darkpup:
From both of my DIR-F courses and my RecTriox course, the standard recreational gasses were as follows:

Air - 60'
32% - 60' to 100'
30/30 - 80' to 120'

Jason, what's the logic behind using air down to 60' but not down to 100'? I was under the impression that 32% Nitrox was recommended for all dives above 100' when available.

*Floater*:
Jason, what's the logic behind using air down to 60' but not down to 100'? I was under the impression that 32% Nitrox was preferred for all dives above 100' when available.
What benefit would someone get using 32% at 60ft?

darkpup:
Well that shows the inconsistencies in GUE training. Who was your instructor?

~ Jason

JJ

PerroneFord:
Ah ... I'm finally starting to see some humor in this thread ... :browsmile

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

JeffG:
What benefit would someone get using 32% at 60ft?

More NDL?

Jeff, JJ goes over the advantages and disadvantages of nitrox in his book, check it out if you need a refresher. I'm just wondering why those advantages would be prefered over the disadvantages between 60'-100' but not above 60'.

i've used 21% on a dive to 70 ft and gotten out and felt like crap later. haven't had any dives where i've gotten out and felt like crap after i just started diving 32% or 30/30 all the time. i'm on the 'air is for tires' side of the debate based on experience. YMMV.

*Floater*:
Jeff, JJ goes over the advantages and disadvantages of nitrox in his book, check it out if you need a refresher.
LOL

lamont:
i'm on the 'air is for tires' side of the debate based on experience. YMMV.

I think you need to rethrink that, Lamont. My tires are filled with nitrogen. It is supposed to be a far superior mix. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom