DIR Class: The Truth Comes Out (Again)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
JeffG:
His status is Banned
That would be a good reason to stop posting.

SeaJay:
Pete made it clear to me from the beginning that he wasn't the one who banned me. His mods did.

...What reason is there to believe the same thing won't happen again?

I DO understand. If a mod thinks you're saying something inappropriate, then you're gone - no discussion, no warning, no consideration. That's what's happened in the past, and there's no reason to believe that anything's any different today.
<snip>

What came out of me was an expression of fear - the last time I opened my mouth, I lost the privilege of being here. Now it's expected that I could do the same, but not see the same results?

How could you expect someone to share with you those very personal things after y'all yelled at him and threw him out... For expressing himself? I said, "Awwww... C'mon..." and two weeks later I was gone. Now y'all want "the good stuff?"

What am I, crazy?

I opened this thread because I thought I could do it. What came out of me was, "Wait a minute... You REALLY should keep your mouth shut..."

...Which, as anyone who knows me could tell you... Isn't my style. :D

...And insults like the last couple of posts don't help.
I have to point out something that I see out of all this. You've learned. The moderators have learned something too. Maybe you are afraid they didn't learn the same thing you did, which appears to be fear of really letting go and saying everything you think.
Actually, I'd like to ask that you never entirely let go and tell us "everything" you think. Please. :wink:
But everything you think about diving, how it makes you feel, I would love to know because I'm just starting out on this great adventure and even what I've heard so far has made a difference to me.

But you know, if you never let go of the fear you will never fly free.

Life is getting hurt, picking yourself up again, and opening up again to a risk of rejection and pain because that's how you know you are human and you are strong.

Don't linger with the bad stuff. Absorb what happens and try to do better next time. But don't lock yourself away - the more you make yourself safe, either physically or emotionally, the more you lock yourself away from every feeling and every physical thing.

SeaJAY... I am not sure if you remember, I promised not to comment on DIR before I know what it is all about...

well, I bought the book from the Net and frankly... as you say it was "Fine"... even more frankly ... I was not too impressed. I did pick up a couple of good tips, but I would not really adapt it as a common diving practice...

I will not live by the DIR rules...

coliseum:

Cool. Well, keep me posted on it.

I wasn't real impressed the first time I read it, either. I made fun of quite a bit of it, and those things that did make sense I was already doing, and seemed obvious to me.

I'd be really surprised, though, if you didn't pick up ANYTHING in the book... However mundane. And if you found just one new "trick" or "tool," then wasn't it worth it?

Keep me posted.

SeaJay,
If you're ever doing one of your dives over a weekend and need some help, let me know. I don't mind humping tanks, coiling lines, etc.
Perhaps we can do some simple dives until you have time to assess my skills and then, perhaps, I can assist you in some of your work.

I'm not done being a F.U.N. diver to be a DIR one yet :)

I am, however, enjoying watching things ya'll do and completely understand and respect the levels you've taken your diving skills to. And yes, I'm even picking up a few little things that I'm adapting into my own diving. Congrats on your accomplishments SJ :D

coliseum:
SeaJAY... I am not sure if you remember, I promised not to comment on DIR before I know what it is all about...

well, I bought the book from the Net and frankly... as you say it was "Fine"... even more frankly ... I was not too impressed. I did pick up a couple of good tips, but I would not really adapt it as a common diving practice...

Even though you've bought the book and have read the internet, you really won't have a clue what it's all about until you take a class.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom