DIR / DIR Curious Shore Dive Event in Laguna - October?

What date would work best for you?

• October 9th

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • October 16th

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • October 23rd

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • October 30th

Votes: 6 40.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Really looking forward to joining, ligers.

I think Ramsy's idea to bring some extra "DIR" gear for others to try is a good one, but no need to worry about what gear you have. Ultimately, the gear is a relatively minor aspect of DIR. You should bring and dive whatever you feel most comfortable in.

This event sounds like it will be a great opportunity for those interested in DIR to ask some questions, meet some new people, and enjoy a couple dives together. :)

Fly to socal in October....problem solved!

I switched companies so flights to SoCal/NoCal are going to be rare they have me stuck in GA/TN/SC/NC/VA area mostly.

Last time I flew to SFO and drove to Monterey to dive Breakwater I was so out of it for the first dive I was all over the place :(

My october is slammed. So far only the 30th works, but I may join if things open up.

Thank you Thank you Thank you

Ligers met me for a dive a Redondo a couple of weeks ago and I really appreciated her knowledge and time sharing info with me. I kept seeing DIR on the board and wondered what this was about and all the controversy. I went to GUE and downloaded the fundamentals book in PDF format (I have a Sony eReader) that I have been reading ever since. Then just yesterday I met another DIR diver (a woman too) and she took the time to review all kinds of stuff with me about center of gravity for woman vs men, frog kicks vs flutter, trim, BP/W vs BCD, etc. So far I have had nothing but great encounters with DIR folk and tech divers. I know for me the dive is about the mental prep just as much as the gear.

I for one am excited to learn more so see you there!

Thanks again Eileen

Wow, sounds like the diving bug has really bitten! For your sake, maybe we should steer toward a weekend that's not the 23rd :wink:

Glad your brother will be able to make it as well. Please do feel free to invite your wife (to be) too. Does she have any interest in diving?

The bite occured around 2001 I think and shows no signs of healing! My fiance got certified at Cozumel a couple years ago--and of course was amazed and enjoyed diving there--but diving in the "cold" water in Cali doesn't appeal to her. Thats just fine with me.

My brother and I met your classmate Cody and Steve M. at Vets today and had a nice conversation; sounds like Cody will be there in Oct. too.

Everyone I've met so far has been great--I'd encourage anyone who is curious to come to the event and meet everyone.

The bite occured around 2001 I think and shows no signs of healing! My fiance got certified at Cozumel a couple years ago--and of course was amazed and enjoyed diving there--but diving in the "cold" water in Cali doesn't appeal to her. Thats just fine with me.

My brother and I met your classmate Cody and Steve M. at Vets today and had a nice conversation; sounds like Cody will be there in Oct. too.

Everyone I've met so far has been great--I'd encourage anyone who is curious to come to the event and meet everyone.

Great to meet both you and your brother today. Hopefully we can get out for a dive during the picnic or something.

As mentioned earlier I would really recommend looking up Steve M., he is a really great guy and he is ubber motivated to see his students do well (which is why he was there today!).

Post up the video of the white nudi too, that sounded interesting.

That's great that you met Cody and Steve! I'm going out with Cody tomorrow....and I certainly expect that he and his wife will be joining us in October :D

Like I mentioned on the boat last weekend, Steve was my Fundies instructor, and I highly recommend him. Not only is he a very nice guy, but he's a great instructor, cares that his students are successful, and is happy to go out on fun recreational dives when his schedule allows.

It will be fun to meet known and new faces. It also has been a while since I have been at Heisler's.

Thank you for organizing this.

Nice to me you too cody. My brother and I really look forward to meeting new people with the passion for knowledge in diving. I should had a new video coming soon, check it out.

Too bad there is not an event closer to Santa Barbara.

Back
Top Bottom