DIR DMs? What do you do?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like to think that during Tech II I paid a lot more attention to where the instructor was and what he was doing, but I know for Tech I, for most of the course he might as well have been on the moon...........

I know that feeling, I was in la la land for Tech1 esp. But I skipped a hood for a few dives in C2 (nice but definately cooler). Danny just about pooed himself when I told him I was starting to tell what he was up to by his depth of breathing, rate, and proximity. I ended up putting the hood back on cause I was getting chilly so he got to have his fun anyway.

But I skipped a hood for a few dives in C2 (nice but definately cooler).

i was going to do that in C1, but got veto'd by fred who pointed out that head protection was necessary for the course (blind gas-sharing exits, etc)...

all my post-C1 dives have been without a hood...

It's hard to get very cold on 6ths . . . :)

Even at 1/6th Lamont should be getting at least 90+ minutes at an average depth of 20' unless he is a raging stro....nevermind.

Even at 1/6th Lamont should be getting at least 90+ minutes at an average depth of 20' unless he is a raging stro....nevermind.

yeah, i think we went over 80 mins without violating gas rules...

i think those are orthogonal though, no reason i can't still be a raging stroke...

Use smaller words. I had to look that one up.

If you wore the freaking hood you would have kept your core warmer and made it 90 minutes so I think the example was appropriate.

Use smaller words. I had to look that one up.

If you wore the freaking hood you would have kept your core warmer and made it 90 minutes so I think the example was appropriate.
"Perpendicular" (which pops to mind) is a longer word.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom