DIR-F class coming to our NY/NJ/PA area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Unfortunately, with school tuition for next semester looming, I won't be able to come up with the $250+ in such a short time. Maybe next time :(

But.
Do not have dry suit, think 7 mm might not be 'nuf.

Just PMd MHK and asked what are the gear requirements for the class.

I'm definitely available and able $$ to do it

cheers and thanks

V

vfa once bubbled...
But.
Do not have dry suit, think 7 mm might not be 'nuf.

You should be fine with a 7mm farmer john and vest. I'd say the water should be around the low/mid 50s this weekend. I was actually almost too warm two weeks ago with 60F on the surface with my 7mm.

Thanks for the feedback on the suit.

I've exchanged msgs with MHK and sorted out the equip questions I had.

I'm ordering long hose and some other bits I needed.

I also registered on the GUE WEB site.

Trying to sort out the transportation in Dutch Springs, we have only one car and my wife and kids do not want to come. Thinking on renting a car

I've reserved a room on the McIntosh Inns. They gave me a rate discount as a student diver. (Their info is available via the Dutch Springs web site) (Hope I did not break any board rules by posting a comercial name)

Damn!! I'm so excited, Like a 6 year old at the toy store..

cheers

V

an email...

I thought MHK had checked it out already...I will post the answer as soon as I have it. "Ouch" is right! I was debating renting nitrox tanks-mine are air. If I do, I can supply you with two tanks (singles)

Ken

kwesler once bubbled...
an email...

I thought MHK had checked it out already...I will post the answer as soon as I have it. "Ouch" is right! I was debating renting nitrox tanks-mine are air. If I do, I can supply you with two tanks (singles)

Ken

With MHK being a very proficient and highly professional trainer I'm sure he's on top of it. The only reason I brought it up is I do not know if he has been to DS before.
In my case I'm new to this area and have only been to DS a couple of times and only this year. So I do not know how it works

Your support is greatly appreciated, looking forward to the class

Kind regards

Viagnehy

will be open for us, and the fill station as well-just got the email from them

Ken

vfa, not to rain on your parade but a 7mm could be a bad idea. it's not so much the water temp which -depending on depth- MAY still be in the low 50s but rather surviving the surface intervals and getting back into a wet and cold suit. you may want to check if the hot shower at dutch will be available. depending on weather you will need some type of shelter between dives. maybe you'll end up sitting in the car with a running engine. just my 2 cents.

Back
Top Bottom