DIR-F class coming to our NY/NJ/PA area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are tables and benches and parking spots RIGHT NEXT TO the showers. It is a 30 yard walk to the student side ramps from there. Might be a good spot for the class as there is also open space for topside drills too.

You are all very courteous, supportive and helpful. Couldn’t ask for a better group of people to go diving with.
(Sorry for the dangling participle)

docmartin once bubbled...
vfa, not to rain on your parade but a 7mm could be a bad idea. ....

Since I have never used a dry suit, I'll try to get a couple of pool sessions next week on a dry suit, see how that goes and rent it for the class.

I'm apprehensive about my lack of skills on a dry suit and how that will impact my ability to maintain a horizontal position for the exercises.)

thanks again

Viagnehy

Expected water temp @ DS that weekend is 50.
No way I can do it on a wet suit.

Mi friends at LDS won't rent me a dry suit without training. I could buy one @ LP, how the hell do I get a right fit from an off the shelf. BARE nex-gen M fits but the neck is way too small. and it'll set me back arouind 1K with inner clothers

I'm trying to convince them to give me the pool sessions. But it does not look good.

Please someone else sign up so there's no need to cancel

I'll spend the day lobying to see if I can do pools on Mon,Tue and Thu. But I got to admit It does not look good.

S_ _ _T!!!

sorry

v;-0 :banging:

Awww, vfa. Sorry to hear that. I'd go with a wetsuit anyway, as long as it's a two piece. But I guess that depends how someone can take the cold. With the 60F two weeks ago, I was actually too warm. 50F is not that cold yet and you shouldn't really run into a thermocline above 60ft. I'd just give it a shot.

I am doing my drysuit cert tomorrow and one AOW dive and Sunday another two :wink:

Come and say hi - we're on the right side where the white canopy is (O'Donnel).

Look for us-we will be driving a silver mercedes wagon-not sure where we will be yet...

Ken

couple a thoughts...I PM'd you with one...I would be happy to lend you a hooded vest to wear under your jacket...the other thing is that it might be a good idea to NOT add learning a dry suit to your task load for DIRF. If you can do it wet, that is probably the best plan...however, why not ask some divers on the board who have done DIRF already-I don't want to send you down the wrong path.

Ken

But tried several options to get access to a dry suit and be ready for the class and no luck.

Bottom line I would not be up to par on a dry suit to be able to apreciate and concentrate the DIR-F class.

The only way I could get access to one that I could afford would've been to go to LP and buy one. Their store is closed on sats.

As for the wet suit, I could not take that temp even on a F/J and the hot showers, by the end of the first day my core temp will be too low and that can be very dangerous.

A few months ago while taking a wreck class @ DS I hit the termocline going under the helicopted it was 50 and I felt it, went right up to 65 and that was fine. So 50... I could not take.

It seems that my eagerness to take the class got the best of me

Sorry I was not to be...

But I'm still going for one pool session on Monday night and If I can prove to myself and the LDS that I can handle it safely....
Who knows might be my lucky night.

By the way what is the current head count for the class?

cheers to you all

V

;-0

Are doubles required for this course? All the DIR divers I know are diving doubles and was just wondering??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom