DIR-F class coming to our NY/NJ/PA area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't think Ducth is open for the public the 5&6. Just for classes...............Then again, I may be wrong.

Dutch is open all year round for instructors and my LDS is friendly enough to let me dive along with the students every other weekend :mean:

And it's a go!

I spent over an hour on the pool, my feet never flared up. Felt great!

Will have a bit harder time being a newby at dry suits but I can manage.

Not sure if ill rent the suit or pursue other choices. But I'm in

I used 8 lbs and managed just fine. I think I'll try 6 on the quarry.

See you all on Fri.

Viagnehy :)

Great vfa, congrats! I suggest you go to Dutch this next weekend. I will be there, and if you wish, can give you some pointers. I will be taking an easy dive there myself... will be adjusting my new harness, etc...

-VT

vfa once bubbled...
I could buy one @ LP, how the hell do I get a right fit from an off the shelf. BARE nex-gen M fits but the neck is way too small. and it'll set me back arouind 1K with inner clothers

I do not advise you buying a drysuit from LeisurePro. That goes to regulators, tanks, tank valves and BC valves as well. You life depends on it, so do think real hard about it, and it's not a joke. a few bucks you save will turn into hours of aggrivation.

I guess my instructor was mean, since he made do a handstand in the pool with the drysuit (not fun!) and a roll backwards. Haha. Talking about feet in the air - I looked like a fish without air bladder and it was almost impossible to get upside down again... lol.. it was fun though.

Would love to go to Dutch this weekend, but my buddy can't go. Of course, if I could dive with someone, that'd be great *hint*... I want to rent a BP/W rig and test.

I'll be there, but not sure which day yet, either Sat or Sunday.
You can dive with me if you wish. I will be there adjusting my new harness again. I will know for sure which day in a day or two.

VTernovski once bubbled...
I do not advise you buying a drysuit from LeisurePro. That goes to regulators, tanks, tank valves and BC valves as well. You life depends on it, so do think real hard about it, and it's not a joke. a few bucks you save will turn into hours of aggrivation.

Good point. I am thinking of getting a drysuit from LP as well, but with a price difference of $400 I don't have to think really hard about it. LP is supposed to be very good exchanging defective gear under their proprietary warranty. Knock on wood, I never had to use it before. I almost buy everything exclusively from LP and have my LDS service everything.

I still this the warranty issue is a little bit ridiculous from the manufacturer's point of view: I get the same suit from another supplier in original packaging and they wouldn't honor the warranty, just because it could be re-imported from somewhere?

Let's say that you zipper is broken or leaks: You LDS (at least mine) will send the suit all the way to Bare California to have it repaired and it would take weeks to get it back. With LP (even after 2 years), I return it and get a new one (at least that's what I heard from various reports here).

I know, it can be risky, but....maybe not.

BTW, if someone is interested in a BP/W rig, my LDS has them on sale now $320 for harness, SS plate and your choice of rec, classic or trek wings.

ScoobyPat once bubbled...

Good point. I am thinking of getting a drysuit from LP as well, but with a price difference of $400 I don't have to think really hard about it. LP is supposed to be very good exchanging defective gear under their proprietary warranty. Knock on wood, I never had to use it before. I almost buy everything exclusively from LP and have my LDS service everything.

Let's say that you zipper is broken or leaks: You LDS (at least mine) will send the suit all the way to Bare California to have it repaired and it would take weeks to get it back. With LP (even after 2 years), I return it and get a new one (at least that's what I heard from various reports here).

I know, it can be risky, but....maybe not.

As for drysuit pricing, give Dan's Dive Shop in Ontario a call. Their price are as good as, if not better, than LP's. And you get the benefit of dealing with a real LDS that sells lots of drysuits and knows what's going on. My dealings with them have been excellent.

Regs, fins, etc come from eBay, LP, or DiveInn.

I'll be at Dutch Sun. Just doubled up my 100's and need to work on my trim. Hopefully I'll get to dive with you Vadim, one more time before I leave for Fla. for the winter

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom