DIR primary hose length for open water, no overhead

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I really don't get how you guys are having tucking problems with the 7' hose. It works just as well as using the cannister.

I'm not DIR yet but... (Cue chorus of groans :no: :shakehead:)

I just spent a week in Cozumel diving with a 7' hose. I had a pocket glued to the left thigh of my wet suit and another, smaller pocket for emergency items (rescue mask, extra shears and so forth) mounted on the RHS of my rig's waist belt where a big canister might sit. The hose routed under that pocket and worked just fine.

I have also routed the hose under a small knife sheath just fine and tucked it into the waist belt itself just fine. I am now fully converted to the proposition that a 7' hose is easy to route, deploy, and stow.

(Please let me know if I've inadvertently given a non-DIR answer!)

I use the 7' hose for warm water trips too. I used to just tuck a hank of it into my waist strap, but then I came up with a better solution ... a 12W LED Salvo can light for travel. It's lightweight, compact, and makes a nice hose-tucker ... plus it comes in real handy for night diving ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Bob, is that a gear solution to a technique problem? :D

Bob, is that a gear solution to a technique problem? :D

No, it's a practical justification for buying more stuff.

It's like when we say our 21W HIDs make the dive safer.

Tom

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom