DIR/PSD Quick release buckle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

leam

Contributor
Reaction score
Not sure if this is an original concept or not but I will try it out in the water this weekend. The conversation about using Quick Release buckles got me to thinking. Also, the fact that my harness catches on my dry suit.

The solution I have uses the regular webbing that comes with my harness, 2 solid D rings, and 2 of those brackets you weave the webbing through to hold the bracket in place. If you get two D rings the same size this does work though it takes a bit of figiting to coax when the webbing is stiff.

Simply put the 2 D rings on one side strap, several inches apart. Twist the lower D ring sideways and thread it *through* the upper D ring. This works because the width between the straight part and the curved part is narrower than the width between the two angles of the D. When you need the extra length of webbing to release, just twist the D ring back through.

It seems like a good theory and works great when I'm sitting on the living room floor. We'll see how it works in the water. :)

ciao!

leam

Try the WB34 buckle.

page238.gif

I like it have used this before on horse tack in a pinch. should work out better in the water becuse the webbing will be softer. And the big + no moving parts to get jamed with sand & crap I'll try it to and we can compare notes!

The WB 34 was originaly used on the short lived seaquest weight belt. It is a great buclke, positive closure, yet adjustable, open by pulling on one side, adjust with the other.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom