DIR San Diego Friday Saturday?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wheezy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Whos going??? I'm thinking about finally taking the plunge and going for it....

wheezy once bubbled...
Whos going??? I'm thinking about finally taking the plunge and going for it....

you'll have to give up the split fins. LOL

I screwed up the schedule when I posted it.

The DIR-F class starts this Friday night at 6:30 pm (4/4/03)

Brent at the Diving Locker tells me they had someone drop out due to illness so now there are 2 spots open, as of yesterday morning.

The Rec-Triox class is April 9th at 6:00pm.

Both are the Diving Locker in Pacific Beach.
The number there is (858) 272-1120 ask for Doug...

I had seriously considered it...

but i have something i need to finish first.

That and i dont have my suit back from DUI and i managed to get sick the last 2 days. it will have to wait until the summer for me.

Andy

Well for the class I'll give em up and go back to my quattro's.... but on my own... you know I'll have my Atomics back on.

:D

wheezy once bubbled...
Well for the class I'll give em up and go back to my quattro's.... but on my own... you know I'll have my Atomics back on.

:D

Not if you learn what they are going to try to teach you.

Well, let me put it this way. I know A LOT about water dynamics. There is NOTHING they could teach me to change my mind about the splits being a superior design...

I already know "most" of the modified kicks involved with DIR and most certaintly anybody that argues the point of the kicks NOT being doable with a split needs to take a hydrodynamics course

:wink:

BUT... if there is something else that I just don't know at this point.. I'm not so closed minded that I will rule out that there is some GOOD reason to ditch the Atomics

wheezy once bubbled...
Well, let me put it this way. I know A LOT about water dynamics. There is NOTHING they could teach me to change my mind about the splits being a superior design...

I already know "most" of the modified kicks involved with DIR and most certaintly anybody that argues the point of the kicks NOT being doable with a split needs to take a hydrodynamics course

BUT... if there is something else that I just don't know at this point.. I'm not so closed minded that I will rule out that there is some GOOD reason to ditch the Atomics

Well, I suspect the most obvious "kick in question" would be the backward kick ...

~<//><

wheezy once bubbled...

Hydrodynamics may indeed privide the answer. We don't use fins in the way a split was designed to be used ie flutter. They are used more like a paddle is used. Paddles with splits up the middle are concidered broken and thrown away.

But..I also am willing to learn. I have never seen anyone using split fins demonstrate decent finning technique. I would love to see it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom