DIR3 video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll have the file in about 1Hour, if anyone else would like it on CD, I can burn a few copies, and send them off... I'd appreciate a $2 or so donation for shipping and CD cost though :wink:

Oh and THX UP. Can't wait till it's done to watch it.

If anyone finds DIR1/2 online let me know where.

Uncle Pug once bubbled...

I believe they used to be for sale from GUE www.gue.com

Last I heard they had been quietly pulled from the EE and GUE sites 'cause the were a little "over-the-top" with the message. Instead, I think they were going to set it up again on the WKKP site (I don't think it's been done yet) and let the proceeds go to WKKP. Also, I think that GIII was going to start work on another one. Been a few months since I heard that, so things may have changed...

wb

Its ~300mb, I can burn CDs and will do so for postage and the disk (which is nearly-free - under $1) provided GI and company won't have a kitten if I do so.

kcanty

Thanks for the the link! this one is much faster, it only took me 20 min to download. Now to watch it.

couple of things I noticed... and I dont want to start a war or anything but they struck me as wrong in one way or another and I'm curious about them.

I belive it was George? the one who did most of the talking mentioned (durring weight belts) that the belt is to be a Left Hand Release as in ALL SCUBA... Well last I heard/remember and was taught we use Right hand release. I'm guessing either one of 2 things... He forgot, didnt remember or whatever that other agencies say right hand release... OR he messed up and did it backwards on accident (stuff happens on camera no matter how well you know your stuff if your inexperienced on camera)

The other was a comment about "guys who were navy seals, but were in the army" the context was that they couldn't have been Navy seals if they were in the army. Last I checked ANY branch can go into the Navy SEALS program... therefore they could have been/started in the Army and become a SEAL...

Again, don't want to start a fight or anything... It HIGHLY possible I'm wrong, I just wondered about theese... Not that they were necisarrily wrong, just didn't seem 100% right (I'm not judging DIR or the creators based on this) just curoious if they were "mistakes" or what.

It was a nice video however... the cave dive was neat... I didn't particuallarly care for the DIR info... I somewhat came out more confused because of shall we say... poor on screen talent. Some of the items they discussed I was VERY interested in but found it VERY difficult to get the info from them, because of they way they disccused it and all...

I will have to watch parts of it again to try and get more of the concepts discussed (the weighting issue esspecially, how most divers are overweighted I was interested in)

Ok enough... again not to offend, flame, or put down DIR just curioius and my observations (wether right or wrong)

Your impressions were probably right.

Please realize that George is not a teacher ( which
he states often ) The video is not the best
teaching video which is probably why GUE doesn't
make it part of their training materials.

Again George is Project director of the WKPP and
as such leads the worlds best cave diving team.
He has strong opinions and lets everyone know them.

GUE is a training organization and knows how
to teach and instruct. Their materials are
excellant as are their instructors.

Sometimes ( often ) being the best at something
does not mean being able to teach it well. Teaching
and educating is a skill by itself that many experts
do not possess.

Also the DIR I, II, and III tapes are not really
sequential in nature.

I kinda feel like I shouldn't post any more urls except in
private for now on so they won't be taken out
of context except I was just trying to post a better
one in this case.

BTW for the record, yes the general rule is right hand
release. And if you hang out on more and more scuba
trips you'll find a lot of pretenders that say they
were Navy Seals but never came within 1000 miles
of San Diego. That probably was where the comment
came from.

Kell

P.S. the above is entirely my own, unqualified, opinion.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom