Disappointed with other divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Land Locked

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
:confused: :shocked2: :shakehead:
As Krobi and I made our dive today, I've not been at FRP for over a month, I noticed many disturbing things. Someone flipped the jet ski over, the gargoyles have been tipped over, that and the previous destruction on the cop car, I am very disappointed with the local diving community. Why, oh why, do they not respect what Joe and the local shops have done to make for enjoyable dives for us? What has happened to respect in our local diving community? Over my diving there over the last ten years I've seen many such acts, if you see any of this, please report it to Joe. This has got to stop, we are all patrons and caretakers to our local diving hole and I personally want to keep it as-is, an enjoyable place to dive.

:angrymob:

This probably isnt just located in your community, it happens all over. Problem is there are folks who don't care about others, only themselves.

Have faith, there are more good than bad, I honestly have to believe that.

Yeah, I've seen some of the same stuff at Pennyroyal. Earlier this summer I saw the helicopter was flipped over. They got it back upright, but it nearly fell apart (it's getting in rough shape to begin with from rust). Just a couple of weeks ago I saw where someone had busted out a couple of windows on the RV. Leaving sharp shards sticking out. Sad,..... very sad.:shakehead: They can't leave things for others to enjoy. Unfortunately it's almost impossible to catch the culprits:mooner:.

I agree that it happens in too many communities and I'm not sure what can be done to stop it. I guess we just lead by example and show others it's important to respect and be kind underwater. I'm sorry to hear it happen anywhere.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom