Disclosure of health conditions to dive ops/fitness (thread split

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am surprised this hasn't come up yet... it's my understanding that if you tick "yes" to any of the questions, a Doctors sign off is required but the flip side is that if you get the Dr signoff you do not need to fill out the yes/no tick marks. Going back and re-reading the form, it appears that I may be mistaken about that.

I wrangle computers for the living and they are very literal creatures. So I may tend to read things more literally than someone else might... and when you read the WRSTC form that way, there is any number of things wrong with it. For both its intended purpose and when used as a medical waiver by a dive op rather than for a training course.

On the gripping hand, if a dive op asks for it, then they must give you a cert of some kind post-dive. Because it says they are providing dive training right there in the opening paragraph. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom