Disconnect drysuit hose when not diving dry?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fisheater...so funny but so true. I have pressed that suit so many times trying to put air into the suit. Anyway, since I dive with a double bladder, when diving wet I have it secured to my backup bladder but not hooked up. (yeah, yeah, I know....bungee wings of death....and a double bladder) Flame suit is on.

"Darn it, where is that f-ing button?! Oh right I'm wet." - Words never said :wink:

But screamed into the regulator many many times!

I doubt the OP cares since this thread 9 years old but if I remember to I take the hose off. Not a big deal if you have a wrench and a plug on hand. Otherwise I tuck it under my shoulder strap. It was really really amusing though the last time I forgot to take it off. This other diver on the boat (In Hawaii) had it in her hand looking it over and over trying to figure out what it was. Provided for some amusement for a few minutes until the DM told her what it was. :)

The nice thing about taking it off is that you are neat and tidy in your wet diving. The not-so-nice thing is getting to the dive site for your first dive back home, and realizing you don't have a dry suit hose because you failed to put it back on. As a result, I'd say at least half the time, I leave it on and tie it in knots, or run it down through my SPG clip (which is what I do when I dive Argon, because I go back and forth so often). Of course, nowadays, I no longer dive wet, so it isn't an issue :)

How can I resist a thread that predates my certification!

If I were going away to warm water I'd remove the drysuit hoses to avoid the clutter, weight and needless exposure to salt water.

More commonly my local sumertime diving is a mix of wet and dry and the hoses stay in place. The XS Scuba pockets on my upper camband let me lace the hose down in a nice loop so nothing is dangling. I take care to give the QD a good soak and rinse after every dive day.

Pete

"I doubt the OP cares since this thread 9 years old...." Yeah, sorry about waking the dead - I didn't check the original date. Carry on:confused:

as some others have suggested, I leave my hose on when diving wet and secure the hose in my cam bands, and it works well. However, if I am going on a trip where I will be doing multiple wet dives, then I remove it.

However, last weekend I was in the pool practicing with doubles and diving wet, and had no cam band. So, I took a rubber band off of my stage bottle and put it on one of my tanks to secure the dry suit hose.

I have two regulator sets - one with and one without a drysuit hose, but sometimes I need to tuck a hose or a snorkel or some other geegaw in a secure place. I leave a rubber loop sliced out of an inner tube on my tanks and tuck the loose stuff into that - an old trick I learned from Fred Calhoun. If that looks too tacky, you can get a colorful stretch band gizmo from OMS that does the same thing.

LMAO - What the heck were you searching for that you dug up a 9 year old thread, and thought it was worth posting to????? :dork2:

anyhow, so as not to be counter-productive, I tuck the hose into the d-rings on my harness.

OOOH.. REVIVAL :D

For the record, I usually just tie the DS hose around the tank neck if diving wet. Worst case scenario is I can use it as one of those damn annoying tank banging, fish scaring, "look I found a completely average parrotfish" things..

Please excuse the noobe question, but are you guys talking about diving wet in a dry suit? If so, exactly how does that work and why would you do that? I'm going to do the dry specialty next month in a Fusion (partly because TS&M, yours (and others) experience since its intro seems stellar, and because Ive helped my instructor uncomfortably climb in and out of his DUI and it seems way worse than my 8/7 semi). Thanks for the patience.

Please excuse the noobe question, but are you guys talking about diving wet in a dry suit? If so, exactly how does that work and why would you do that? I'm going to do the dry specialty next month in a Fusion (partly because TS&M, yours (and others) experience since its intro seems stellar, and because Ive helped my instructor uncomfortably climb in and out of his DUI and it seems way worse than my 8/7 semi). Thanks for the patience.
No, were talking about diving in a wetsuit instead of the drysuit.

In a shell suit (like trilam) diving wet would be a problem, but in neoprene drysuits you will actually to some extent get the "wetsuit effect" (as the neoprene drysuits is pretty much a very poorly fitting wetsuit in the first place - except that it shouldnt let the water in)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom