Discount trip on Philippine Siren

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

clarkaddison

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
My wife, Karen, broke her foot, so we won’t be able to make our scheduled trip on the Philippine Siren to the Southern Visayas June 20 to 30. Our bad news is good for a lucky couple. Regular price for the 10 day trip is $3425 per person, but you can take our spaces for $3000 each, a total savings of $850. Round trip airfare from the west coast to Cebu is around $1400 per person.
The Philippine Siren is one of the most luxurious dive charter boats in the world, with huge staterooms that even include a computer in each cabin! For full information on the boat and the trip, click on Diving Philippines - Diving in the Philippine by luxury liveaboard S/Y Philippine Siren
If you are interested, please contact Lynn Morton, lynn@lynnmorton.com.

We're still hoping we can find at least one and, even better, two people to take the spots on the Philippine trip. I thought I'd send a bit more info since it's the weekend and you all might have a bit more time to look it over.

Dates: June 20 - 30, 2011
Embark and disembark: Mactan Yacht Harbor, Cebu, Philippines
Boat: S-Y Philippine Siren Diving Philippines - Diving in the Philippine by luxury liveaboard S/Y Philippine Siren
The trip: 10 day cruise in the southern Visayas, including spectacular coral reefs, walls, unique macro, and the very, very strong possibility of thresher sharks!
Price includes: cruise, food and board including beer (less of a bar bill!), all diving, Nitrox for all qualified divers, and all dive equipment except computer and torch
Cost: Regular fare is 2400 Euro, or about $3400 USD - but we have a 1/2 charter, so it's just $3,000!

This boat has been getting rave reviews for service and comfort and you can see from the photos below it certainly looks great. With so much included in the fare, it is a great price for this quality of live aboard. Plus, we have 1/2 charter and there are only 3 other people on the boat. With only 16 total guests normally (but there are currently just 11) and a crew of 12, you know we'll be pampered!

You can take advantage of their included dive equipment to keep your baggage weight down. They will provide tanks, BDC, regulator, weights and weight belt, masks, and fins and a 3 ml shortie. I've also attached the itinerary for you.

I know a big problem is air fares have sky-rocketed. But I have a lead on flights from LAX to Manila for $1340 RT and the boat office is going to quote me a fare for the flight to Cebu. Earlier they said it was around $200 RT, but I'm getting an update. If we can get air for these prices, that would be great. Because everywhere else I look it's over $2000. But even better would be if someone could take advantage and use some FF miles. Then the trip would be a really great deal!

So please, I hope you'll all consider this and someone will be able to help out our fellow co-op members and get a fun trip. Please contact me if you have any questions at all or if you are considering it.

Have a wonderful weekend,
Lynn

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom