Discounts in Sabang July - September

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divenut1959

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I inquired to a well known high end diving resort operation in Sabang for travel there July 6 -13 (8 nights). The initial inquiry came back a few days ago single occupancy room, all meals B,L,D, 5 dives per day @ 2245 USD, private transportation 400 USD round trip to Manila. The resort followed up and asked what did I think about booking etc. and I told them I was still deciding. Yesterday they came back and said the owner was reducing rates 30% rack rates from July - September so now my 8 nights is discounted to 1571 USD all the same as inclusions as before,,I am not sure if I will go this route as I like to explore places to eat etc and not be locked into one place since there are many decent places to eat there. However it is a great deal if you prefer this type of resort/diving operation. I am sure you can figure out which location this is..if not PM.

Sounds like Atlantis.

Try a quote from El Galleon/Asia Divers. We are doing 6 nights including RT private transfers, 4 dives a day, nitrox, ocean view room, all meals, for $1240 in early May. Night dives are additional $12. There are cheaper places, especially if you built your own dive and stay and meal arrangements but the convenience and private transit vs public was worth it to us. We don’t have to go far for anything and it gives us more time to relax. It will be more than that for a single but when we inquired at Atlantis, it was more than 50% more in price.

Another option is to stay at Out of the Blue and dive with Action Divers next door. That would have been our decision if we did not go with El Galleon.

Sounds like Atlantis.

Try a quote from El Galleon/Asia Divers. We are doing 6 nights including RT private transfers, 4 dives a day, nitrox, ocean view room, all meals, for $1240 in early May. Night dives are additional $12. There are cheaper places, especially if you built your own dive and stay and meal arrangements but the convenience and private transit vs public was worth it to us. We don’t have to go far for anything and it gives us more time to relax. It will be more than that for a single but when we inquired at Atlantis, it was more than 50% more in price.

Another option is to stay at Out of the Blue and dive with Action Divers next door. That would have been our decision if we did not go with El Galleon.

You win the prize on the resort !!! I am already committed to an Airbnb rental that is the same distance from Action divers as OOTB resort as I will be diving with Action. This is my 4th time in Sabang so had I not had much experience going there the Atlantis price was pretty attractive. The big bite out of the budget is the private transfer if you go solo, I have been asking around there and finding cheaper rides but safe from Manila to Batangas ($120 RT) and taking the public boat to Sabang for 5 bucks. I will hire a couple of locals to carry my bags for 10 bucks

US$400.00 for the private return is plain silly unless it is on a Rolls.
If anyone really want to spend silly money but arrive in no time at all, get the sea plane and it is NOT that much more than certain resort charges!!!!!

Sounds like Atlantis.

I am waiting to hear from El Galleon regarding a trip to PG in Septemeber. It would be for 3 of us and probably six dive days with 4 dives per day and all meals.

I am waiting to hear from El Galleon regarding a trip to PG in Septemeber. It would be for 3 of us and probably six dive days with 4 dives per day and all meals.

I booked through Bluewater Travel with Tim and was able to pay using my CC with no fees and I even picked up some 3X bonus points for them being a travel merchant. :)

You should also ask them for a package including breakfast only. There are plenty alternatives for meal.

You should also ask them for a package including breakfast only. There are plenty alternatives for meal.
How is the food at EL Galleon? I would think doing 4 boat dives per day it would be easier to just eat all meals there. Are there a lot of cheaper places to eat close by?

How is the food at EL Galleon? I would think doing 4 boat dives per day it would be easier to just eat all meals there. Are there a lot of cheaper places to eat close by?
The food at El Galleon is ok but why get yourself stuck in a same eating place for a week. Blue Ribbon also serve good food next door and Out of the Blue is NOT that far away(couple of mins walk from El Galleon). I love the BBQ at Capt'n Gregg over in Sabang. And there is at least one place bake its pizza in a wood fire oven also in Sabang. And Papa Fred which is also in Sabang has very good food.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom