Discover Scuba safe?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, I guess I will give my .02 on this. Let me qualify that I am not certified nor am currently in class...yet...want to but have not started.

My wife and I took a DS dive 2 years ago on a whim while on vacation in Cabo. End story, wife did great...we both ultimately were blown away after the experience, but I was ultimately frustrated. We were put into pretty thick suits due to the cold water and combined with the tightness of the BNC they put me in I felt like it was all to tight across my chest...I actually had some initial issues getting a deep breathe and feel it was a combo of the tightness of the gear and the anxiety it induced (and this was my idea). We had just light instruction on the boat on the way out then decended down the chain...knelt on the sand at about 15ft and practiced mask clear, reg in and out, reg drop and recovery and backup reg use. After that was done he led the two of us on the dive to around 35 ft and it was like living a Nat Geo special....fish swimming up to us...just amazing. I had buoyancy issues that kept our DM busy but loved it.

Now, I want to get certified, but we would not dive outside of the warm waters of the Caribbean because my wife hates the cold...but the experience still draws me to want to get certified despite the issues I had.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom