Disney Divequest returning...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have done it six times. I love it.

Not so much for the dive, but for the opportunity to be part of the "cast" and interact with all of the kids outside the windows...

Back on my to do list again.

They've been doing testing on the tour it seems this week.. I saw 6-8 people in the tank yesterday with what looked like a few DMs. We asked if they started early and a cast member said they're testing the flow of the tour with some lucky people. We're signed up for Oct 9th! Have been waiting for this to open again since I got certified during the pandemic.

Did this in 2015 and again last week. New supervisor, and some things have changed. Last time there was a photographer/videographer with us, not so this time. Slightly more stringent rules but overall they still do a great job and it was a ton of fun. Getting to interact with people is the best part. Love the backstage tour as well. Definitely worth it.

I definitely was overweighted the two times I did it. I wonder if I can decrease the weights if I ask nicely?

I definitely was overweighted the two times I did it. I wonder if I can decrease the weights if I ask nicely?
Yeah they overweight people intentionally. And they judge suit size and weights based on a visual once over. But they were accommodating if you want to change your weight.

Yeah they overweight people intentionally. And they judge suit size and weights based on a visual once over. But they were accommodating if you want to change your weight.
I’m going to ask for 8 pounds, as I use 10 pounds in a full 3mm in salt and AL80.

Did Divequest for my New Year’s Day dive, with family and friends as spectators. There were a full competent of 12 divers and 4 safety divers in the tank. The tour before hand was slightly shorter, skipping the part of the crane and the outdoor quarantine tanks. They must have shrunk the shorty wetsuits even more. I’m normally a medium and was given an XL which was just right for me. We walked above the spectator area through the dolphin area rather than through the spectator area, and the dolphin training explanation was given before the dive rather than after the dive. It was strange having the dolphin peek one eye out to look at us while we were looking back at him. We were put into scubapro glide jackets with AL63. I checked my weights and they had put in 5 pounds of Pocket Weights on each side. The fins were Scubapro Seawing Novas.

We were instructed to stay well clear of the bottom and the “coral”. Last time I went there were only 6 divers so it got a bit crowded at times. I blocked head kicks from divers above me several times with my hands. Water temperature was 77 degrees, total dive time 45 minutes, fun to interact with family on the other side of the glass, nice to not have to dive in a drysuit, nice to escape 0 degree weather at home.

There was no videographer and no video preview with an opportunity to buy at the end. The debrief was in the hall outside the lockers rather than the classroom upstairs. This time we got a nice hat rather than T shirts as a memento.

A75B7F3F-9BB1-411F-95ED-CEF2295FC146.jpeg

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom