Disney Divequest returning...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

a lot of folks are happy to pay a bit more.
I would pay the current list price if it wasn't associated with Disney. I wouldn't pay more just because I avoid having to clean the gear. 20 minutes with a hose and you're done.

I dived Divequest way back in 2008 while attending a medical meeting in Orlando. I paid much less and got a discount by buying from the DAN auction or something similar. My admission to Divequest had full admission to Epcot, which was fun. Easily the best part was interacting with the kids through the windows. The behind the scenes tour was interesting. It may be quite different now, however, I would not do it again. I would not know that if I had not done it once. An Awesome 1st Post-Certification Dive Site! Some folks really like it, good for you.

My advice would be to drive over to the east coast and get in some very good diving at a fraction of the cost.

Easily the best part was interacting with the kids through the windows.

^This

I think that people doing the calculation of dive minutes to dollars are sort of missing the point of it, not to mention up close encounters with wildlife that you are not likely to get in any single ocean dive.

But if it's not for you, it's not for you. That's fine. I just don't see the point of comparing it to other dives.

^This

I think that people doing the calculation of dive minutes to dollars are sort of missing the point of it, not to mention up close encounters with wildlife that you are not likely to get in any single ocean dive.

But if it's not for you, it's not for you. That's fine. I just don't see the point of comparing it to other dives.
I am glad I did Divequest once. Interacting with the kids, especially the little kids, is priceless. I will not forget the looks on their faces, especially when I offered them my regulator :) @doctormike has that absolutely right. The tour is good. The short dive is mediocre.

The cost is high, $233 with tax. Apparently, admission to Epcot is no longer included. I would not go to Orlando to do Divequest, but, if already there for some reason, I would consider it.

Very true. I figure that the vast majority of the folks that dive with us aren't coming just for the dive, the dive is a small part of it. Also when you factor in the amount of wildlife that you are guaranteed to see, from hammerhead sharks to turtles and everything in between, without having to deal with a boat ride, variable diving conditions, hauling equipment, then cleaning up the equipment, a lot of folks are happy to pay a bit more.
I like the boat ride and don't mind rinsing my equipment. I always prefer diving my own equipment, it's mine, and I know it works for me. It's well understood why divers can't use their own equipment in the tanks, so it is what it is for the safety of the wildlife.

What I'm not going to do is drive hours there, pay for parking, pay a lot just for a 40 min dive, and not get to enjoy the park afterwards without paying full ticket price. If the ticket price was half, I'd do it. And spend probably another $100+ in food/drinks, not including my dive buddies. It's a missed money opportunity, but then again, maybe they don't care since the parks are overpopulated. Maybe I'm not the target audience for Disney, being a South Florida resident and someone who dives regularly.

The cost is high, $233 with tax. Apparently, admission to Epcot is no longer included. I would not go to Orlando to do Divequest, but, if already there for some reason, I would consider it.

And to be fair, the price isn't as high as other aquariums, like Georgia. If I were there for other reasons, like visiting the park, then maybe I'd do this as an add-on. But to go there just for it, meh...

I LOVE interacting with the kids through the glass. This is the only place you can do that.
Totally agree on interacting with the kids through the glass, but this isn’t the only place for that.

I do that a few times a year at some special events at an aquarium. It is really cool seeing the kids interact. I’m in lots of families’ photos from their trip to the aquarium.

It’s free for me, but I do have to clean the habitats from time to time.

I was curious if I could find any photos online. Didn’t realize until now that the aquarium used a picture with my daughter and me. She’s the one high fiving the little girl. I’m on the right side.

Totally agree on interacting with the kids through the glass, but this isn’t the only place for that.

I do that a few times a year at some special events at an aquarium. It is really cool seeing the kids interact. I’m in lots of families’ photos from their trip to the aquarium.

It’s free for me, but I do have to clean the habitats from time to time.

I was curious if I could find any photos online. Didn’t realize until now that the aquarium used a picture with my daughter and me. She’s the one high fiving the little girl. I’m on the right side.

Cool pic, you guys look like underwater Ghost Busters :)

Cool pic, you guys look like underwater Ghost Busters :)
Yep. That was the theme. It was from October, so was for a Halloween event. The ghosts were plastic skeletons with a weighted sheet over them. They were hooked to the bottom. Then we would swim around and shoot them with the bubble guns. A couple divers were also doing pumpkin carving. This was easily the most fun event. We've also done some Santa dives and a few other costume dives at various times of the year.

D

DiveQuest is back up and operational. We are offering two tours per day, 1400, and 1700, max 12 divers. We are also now offering photos taken on the dock while wearing equipment just before heading out to the drop line.

Any questions, please let me know!

Thanks,
Dave
Cool! I am coming on Sunday!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom