Disney's Dive Quest Report....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nzdiver:
I just thought of a question. I had read in a previous post that if you have family and friends that they would let them come in with you in the back entrance and they can see you from behind the exhibit. I asked when I booked the dive and they said that they would have to get a ticket to the park. Could anyone confirm which is correct?

Thanks
Non diving family or friend don't actually come behind the scenes to see you, they actually see you from the exibit area. That would mean they would have to pay park admission to get in. There really wouldn't be good a place where they could observe from "backstage":D

jeepguy:
Non diving family or friend don't actually come behind the scenes to see you, they actually see you from the exibit area. That would mean they would have to pay park admission to get in. There really wouldn't be good a place where they could observe from "backstage":D

Jeepguy is correct. The family and friends must view from the exhibit area. They will not allow them behind the scenes, and there is no place from "behind" for them to see you. Thus they would have to pay the park admission.

erparamedic:
Dive Quest has a videographer down there. The only thing you are allowed to bring into the exhibit is yourself, a mask (no snorkels allowed), and a watch. Nothing else is allowed. They don't want to contaminate the tank.

The cost... with PADI or NAUI discount= $126 per person. But I understand there's lots of discounts... AAA, and others too. Without any discount, it's $140 pp.
I think that's a good price ...... great dive and they provide the equipment ... do they accept AARP cards for discounts?

scubapro50:
I think that's a good price ...... great dive and they provide the equipment ... do they accept AARP cards for discounts?

I dunno... but a call to ask wouldn't hurt. Somehow, I'm thinking if they take AAA, they may take "anything" for a discount!

Hmm... do you think we could get an ISOSAD discount? (14:47 until I leave the house for Japan...)

ClayJar:
Hmm... do you think we could get an ISOSAD discount? (14:47 until I leave the house for Japan...)

LOL! You never know... as a co-founder, I might be able to "work" some Disney magic.... LOL :wink: .

Have fun in Japan, and be safe!

Finished the dive on 12/27 and it met my expectations and much more. My son was within inches of an ray as it passed over his head. I also had a neat experience as one of the smaller fish came right up to me and looked inside my mask (LOL underwater). We were within 10 feet of the sharks multiple times throughout the dive. This is a must do dive and my son and I would even do it again. There is just so much to see.

erparamedic:
Unfortunately... they don't allow cameras. However, I do have the DVD, and I don't know if Rod could extract the good stuff to post or not. I'm not sure of the capabilities of this old computer. LOL

If you find a way to extract still images from the DVD, either PM me or post some directions.

Happy Diving

I did it with mine using VLC and some other software. Its not fantastic quality though due to interlacing etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom