DivatorMKII tank threads

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The cylinder thread on the Divator MK11 is a 19.8mm to DIN 477 taper a 3 in 25 taper
It is also known as a Draeger taper

It's is a common taper in Europe for small HP cylinders, firefighters BA sets and older scuba cylinders. There are two other similar tapers a .715 diameter 1 in 8 taper 14 TPI known as standard taper and a less well known .6 taper 1 in 8 taper 14 TPI known as a Siebe taper.

Go-NoGo gauges for testing the threads are taper stepped ring gauges for the valve and stepped plug gauges for the cylinder. They are specified in DIN 477: Part 7: 1984

DIN 477: Part 7: 1984 also specifies three sizes of threaded connections for valve stems and cylinder neck threads used for a similar purposes described in BS 341.

All the threads are standard Whitworth form at 90° to the cone, as in BS 341, however the diameter sizes increase depending on the size of the cylinder and its use such as a storage cylinders. Hope it helps. Iain Middlebrook

Hi

Am looking at pulling apart a divator twin (2x6l) to pair with a rebreather. The cylinder thread is descrbed by the seller as half inch bsp taper, which seems at odd with this. Do you have any thoughts on this?

Also, any idea if the divator cylinders themselves are safe to oxygen clean (e.g. are these likely to be bare steel or coated?).

Thanks

Though I have never looked inside of these specific cylinders, I would venture a guess that they are bare steel. However, at 300 bar, they are not cylinders that I would clean and use for high O2 mixes.

Though I have never looked inside of these specific cylinders, I would venture a guess that they are bare steel. However, at 300 bar, they are not cylinders that I would clean and use for high O2 mixes.

I don't understand your reluctance - what threat do you have in mind? Is your problem with cleaning this cylinder, or the concept of a 300bar oxygen fill, or something to do with the neck size (1/2 inch, 17mm or 18mm depending on age)?

(bear in mind NZ has only three cylinder sizes type approved for scuba, the smallest being 10L. Any other size has to be personally imported and go through import type approval.)

I don't understand your reluctance - what threat do you have in mind? Is your problem with cleaning this cylinder, or the concept of a 300bar oxygen fill, or something to do with the neck size (1/2 inch, 17mm or 18mm depending on age)?...

Speaking for myself, I have a set of AGA Divator 324s and the small diameter neck makes them a major PIA to clean. Also, tapered cylinder threads are more trouble to remove for comparatively frequent cleaning than O-ring sealed valves.

This is all I have on Divator. If the answer is not there contact info is on the last page. These people are not like most manufactures, they will get back to you with an answer to your question.

EDIT: Sorry the attachment did not work. PM me if you want me to email you the current catalog.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom