Dive #50 today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

joel smith

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
In two more days sept 19 it will be one year of diving . To date ive dove 50 dives, It has been a very good year of diving cant wait to dive again tomorrow. The first seven months i only dove 11 times . The best advice and key is find a group of divers and dive, looking forward to the new year of diving, The more you dive the more stuff you need. dive dive dive

Congratulations on dive 50! Diving at that rate should develop some good, strong skills for you. And although I haven't found an end to gear wants, the process does slow down a bit with time :)

Greetings Joel and congrats of hitting the 50th dive mark!
I love when gear wears out that tells me I need to be diving more!
I see far to many with old spotless gear that rarely gets out of the closet but to visit the Tropic.
No offense intended to anyone but I LOVE TO USE SCUBA GEAR!

The buying does slow down because the items you will be buying in the future require more cash! No I am not kidding the more advanced your dives become the more case specific gear will drive your budget. My experience on this of coarse.
What I do know is that I have no regrets purchasing dive gear, I wasted so much money pre diving on alcohol, cigarettes, etc. that at least I am spending healthier now.
My wife is starting to second guess that statement now but my dives are starting to get more pricey, Trimix, cave, training for both, and then the charters.

I remember hitting 50 dives and wondering where I was going to be at 100!
Just dive and learn, keep progressing with skills and set some dive goals to keep the ball rolling.
Being an active diver will ultimately change your life for sure!

CamG Keep Diving....Keep Training....Keep Learning!

Congrats on the 50th. I recall mine because that was all I needed to finish MSD. My sister-in-law was shocked when her husband told her she had missed my 50th. When he said 50th DIVE she said ^&%*$#@$. As for equipment--If you remain a recreational (non-tech) diver and the stuff you first bought still works, the cost isn't much. I just replaced my $25 used hood with a $20 used one. In 6 years that, plus replacing the lost knife has been about it--and Oh, the computer (bought later on) of course, but you may already have that.

Last edited:
Congrats. I wish I could dive that much. I get about 1 dive trip per month and I live very close to great diving. Hopefully I can increase my dive frequency.

Back
Top Bottom