Dive Accident - Great Escape 9/17?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chuck Tribolet:
Does it do 24 hour time only? The accident happened in the early afternoon (death
declared at 1:56 p.m. IIRC), maybe it was 12-hour time and only off a few minutes.

And with it increasing, that would make the most sense.

I Still Haven`t Heard The Official Report So Until That Happens...
As I Personally Knew This Person And Have To Say For All Of Us To Reflect And Learn Something About This Accident Is To Do Not Try To Cut Corners And Push Yourself To Situations You Have Not Trained For Or Know About.
I Am Not Happy How He Was Trying New Equipment Every Time I Saw Him.he Was A Dive Master And Should Have Known Better;he Was Certified For Dolphin Rebreather Last Time A Saw Him And Was Not Happy With It,so He Thought A Inspiration Was Going To Be Better.but I Don`t Know How Or Who Certified Him So Quickly On The Inspiration I Heard Only After 4 Classes?
I Am Sorry That My Friend Had To Push His Own Limits And There Is Nothing We Can Do To Change This.
Feel So Sorry For His Son;members Of His Family;they Did Always Stayed Together On All The Boat Trips And A Good Family Man.
In This Sport All It Takes Is One Mistake So, We Have To Know When Is Not Safe Even If Is 1o Ft Of Water.hope We All Learn And Think And Check And Recheck Our Gear And Stop Micky Mousing Or Been Cheap And Not Service Gear That Your Lifes Deppend On It.
I Freequent With All My Buddies At A Local Shop And We Lately See That There Is A Lot Of Unsafe Divers Outthere That Just Learn To Dive And Recently In The Past Years That This Sport Has Been Comercialized Tothe Point That Anybody Can Have A Title As Long As You Pay For It And Forget About Experience In The Water;that Their Gear Is Not Serviced At All Or Just Plain Cheap And Find Whatever Is In The Market Used.
If You Want To Be Cheap This Is The Wrong Sport For You.
I Am Sorry It Is Just Fustrating To Loose Someone And Not Be Able To Make Sense Of It.peace.

Frank

FRISCO_01:
I Still Haven`t Heard The Official Report So Until That Happens...

That's the key.

One of those investigating this incident (and the other RB fatality that occured here in southern California recently) is a long time friend of mine and I have been asking about updates on this case and the other. Even with the intent investigation that is ongoing, there are no real concrete answers at this point amongst those who know as much as there is to know at this point.

I have to say, reading the thread about this incident and the one that occured on 8/17, I am a little disturbed by how much speculatution and assumption that goes on when even those who are directly involved with figuring out the particulars are still looking for answers.

FRISCO_01:
he Was Certified For Dolphin Rebreather Last Time A Saw Him And Was Not Happy With It,so He Thought A Inspiration Was Going To Be Better.but I Don`t Know How Or Who Certified Him So Quickly On The Inspiration I Heard Only After 4 Classes?
Frank
You mean he not a certify Inspiration Rebreather diver?

i thought that if you currently had certification on rebreather brand A and purchased brand B, then there was a quick bridging course between the two brands of a few hours and you were "certified" for the new brand

eg; Inspo to Optima

nlbford:
That's the key.

One of those investigating this incident (and the other RB fatality that occured here in southern California recently) is a long time friend of mine and I have been asking about updates on this case and the other. Even with the intent investigation that is ongoing, there are no real concrete answers at this point amongst those who know as much as there is to know at this point.

no offence but you SHOULDNT be told a thing about whats going on while a investiagation is taking place and before the findings are released

i hope your "friend" is reminded of their duty to the deceased and the law in this case

almitywife:
i thought that if you currently had certification on rebreather brand A and purchased brand B, then there was a quick bridging course between the two brands of a few hours and you were "certified" for the new brand

eg; Inspo to Optima
Brand A CCR diver just crossover to brand B with full workshop.

Jason Ooi:
Brand A CCR diver just crossover to brand B with full workshop.
hmmmm - this is so not what i was told by a CCR importer the other night..... very interesting. thanks

No Jason;he Was A Dolphin Certified (i Think For Less Than A Year)and Change His Mind And Got The Inspiration And As Far I Know He Only Took 4 Classes To Get Certified With The Inspiration.
The Problem Is That He Was Advice By Many Friends To First Dominate The Dolphin And Then Try Another Toy.but Money Was No Object For Him At All So Looks Like He Got It During The Scuba Show This Year In La.
Anyways I Don`t Know How The Certifications Can Be "easy" Or Hard To Get But That`s Something For His Instructor To Chew On It.
Frank

Back
Top Bottom