Dive Alabama (Formally ABWA)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No one??

I'm going tomorrow and will check in.

Just an update for an update for anyone who is interested. I was out at Dive Alabama this weekend (both Saturday and Sunday) 68 on the surface, 64 at 30ft. viz on Saturday 15 - 25 ft, Sunday 20 - 30 ft.

Sorry I forgot to report back a few weeks ago. On Sat. 4/20, the temp was 63* on the surface, 55* at 50ft. Vis was 15'-20' at best due to the crowd there for the DUI Drysuit Demo.

It is getting warmer. Over the last week we never got out of the 80's and had a lot of sunshine. On 5/19 surface was 73*, 64* at 40ft, 56* at 75ft. We did have some rain on Thursday and Friday so the viz was down do to runoff 10-20 above the thermo, below the thermo viz was 35-45ft.

Any recent update on conditions? Looking to go this weekend?

I can only speculate as to water the conditions are. They are closed Monday and Tuesday so today would have been the first day since my last post for anyone to be in the water. But based on the trend I would think you should expect around 75 on the surface, mid 60's passed 30ft, low 60's to high 50's from around 50ft and beyond. Viz will probably be 15 - 25ft. Hope this helps. Post a report when you get back.

Sounds about right. I haven't been out lately either. Hopefully the weather will stay good for you through the weekend.

Where is Dive Alabama? I live in North Carolina, but Alabama (Gadsden) is my home. I'm frequently there and wouldn't mind trying a new place when I'm home if it isn't too far away (1-2hrs).

If I'm not mistaking... Dive Alabama is also known as Blue Water?.. If so, It's in Pelham. It's where I completed my open water dives for my certification. I am hoping to go soon! :eek:)

Back
Top Bottom