Dive Aruba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

twherrick

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I would like advice as to the best dive company to go with on Aruba.

i'm going to aruba also in 2 weeks and have been looking for advice as well. it looks like a lot of people suggest Dive Aruba/Clive Paula is the owner. I'll be anxious to see who else they suggest. I tried booking with Clive and he was booked already. I can't believe it.

I did my AOW with Clive. Very friendly and unrushed. I think his name has become a little more popular. Last time I was down, he was completely booked. I went with Fly and Dive. Very friendly and professional. Fly and Dive had a bigger boat, a little more comfortable. You can't go wrong with either from my experience. Have fun.

Thank you for your advice. I am in Aruba for the week and I hope to wreck dive. I will report on my success or lack of.

Make sure that you avoid Unique Watersports. Used to be called Pelican. They're on the beach at the Radisson. Worst dive op on the island.

I also recommend Romeo at Native Divers. They're on the beach in front of the Marriott Surf club

Romeo's boat was out of the water last week just so you guys know.. Was shocked when I got there. I was staying in the Surf Club were they are located. I dove with Jads dive shop on baby beach instead!! I am so happy I went with them... They were fabulous.. I did my 4 checkout dives, then 2 recreational dives... Did very well on the checkouts... Dive #5 was a 85 foot plane wreck... I was not allowed to penetrate it though :) JADS dives IMHO much better reefs, then the bigger ops... Last year I dove a resort course with Unique Sports, and only dove on Palm Beach... I thought the reefs looked baron from what I saw... That was until I dove with Jads.. My first 4 dives were pretty much on secluded locations.. All beach entries, which I think are really cool.... My favorite one was called rocky beach... Jads has a private entrance to this reef. The coral and wildlife was so dense and lush down there, I thought I was on the great barrier reef!!

My instructors name was Rudolph.. He was insanely good... Great teacher, very patient, and flexible.. What I loved about him was that he also let me enjoy my checkout dives.. There were skills, and I did them all with no problems, but he also let me shoot some photos/videos, and have some explore time.... Had such a good time, went back for 2 more dives, #5 and #6 at the end of the week... Also Jads picks you promptly every day, as well as drops you off free of charge...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom