Dive Aruba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Make sure that you avoid Unique Watersports. Used to be called Pelican. They're on the beach at the Radisson. Worst dive op on the island.

I disagree, I have used Unique Water Sports for over 10 years. I will say since buying out Pelican they have gotten larger. I was just there Nov 8th-15th and dove with them again for 6 days. They seem to have larger groups now and have two DM's in the water and one on the boat. There were some groups of 6 in the afternoon.

I was going to give Native divers a try, but everyday I called their boat was out of the water with a broken rudder. Romeo from Native divers actually recommended Unique Water Sports since his boat was out of commission.

Just got back from Aruba. I dove with Clive and recomend him if you want small (max of 7)group, personel attention. Clive is willing to help you with the weak points and keeps tabs on all in the dive. The wrecks off the coast of Aruba are well worth the trip and Clive makes sure you get the full experence. One thing to note is the boat does not have a head, this may be a problem for the fairer sex or one who has a weak bladder.

Great info, as I am headed to Aruba Dec. 9th. I have been researching dive spots & some of the operators skip what seem to be the best locations. I will check with JADS, as Dive Aruba has a set schedule that doesn't include many of the most recommended sites.

I disagree, I have used Unique Water Sports for over 10 years. I will say since buying out Pelican they have gotten larger. I was just there Nov 8th-15th and dove with them again for 6 days. They seem to have larger groups now and have two DM's in the water and one on the boat. There were some groups of 6 in the afternoon.

I was going to give Native divers a try, but everyday I called their boat was out of the water with a broken rudder. Romeo from Native divers actually recommended Unique Water Sports since his boat was out of commission.

Actually I agree with you. If you like unsafe cattleboats that have little or no regard for safety, you will LOVE Unique. :mooner:

Actually I agree with you. If you like unsafe cattleboats that have little or no regard for safety, you will LOVE Unique. :mooner:

That is NOT what I said. The most we had on a dive was 12. That was broken into two groups of 6. Each had a DM in the water. I do NOT define that as a cattle boat. They operated safe dives in my opinion. They were running two boats in the AM, not to the same sites. You have not stated what problems YOU had, only "they are unsafe" That is only your opinion apparently.:mooner:

We're staying at the Tamarijn during the Christmas break. Does anyone have any experience with the dive operator at this hotel? Or any other comments about this all inclusive place?

The first and last time I dove with Unique was 3 or 4 years ago. They had 24 divers piled on a boat with 2 DM's.

That is NOT what I said. The most we had on a dive was 12. That was broken into two groups of 6. Each had a DM in the water. I do NOT define that as a cattle boat. They operated safe dives in my opinion. They were running two boats in the AM, not to the same sites. You have not stated what problems YOU had, only "they are unsafe" That is only your opinion apparently.:mooner:

I most certainly provided feedback previously. Dig a little on the board and you'll find plenty of criticism including mine. Unique has been trashed (deservedly) so many times already, it's ridiculous. :rofl3:

Go with Jads... Ruldolf was the most amazing guide and instructor... They take you to private beach entries, were the big operators don't go...

To answer Steve's Q: there is no in-house dive operator at the Tam or the Divi Aruba, where I stayed.
You'll need to make arrangements with some dive op to pick you up each day.

I dove with JADS and it was OK; they use a marina behind the airport instead of going all the way to Baby Beach each day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom