Dive at Bahara Rocks, Tioman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

malaysia-islands

Contributor
Reaction score
Full dive report: Tokong Bahara
Located about 45 minutes to the southwest of Tioman. Not many dives are done here due to its distance. Supposedly can see leopard sharks and mantas. The last whale shark was spotted on April 1st, 2007, which was initially thought as an April Fool joke. No big things spotted during this dive as the currents were none. The highlights include a hawksbill turtle, schooling goldband fusiliers and some good sea fan corals.

Equipment: A80 with no strobe :eyebrow:

02.jpg

03.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

10.jpg

27.jpg

Great pictures, what sort of depth do you shoot at?

I enjoy reading your reports, you have just the right degree of detail. I particularly like the way you link your description of what you have seen to your pictures.

I always look for one of your trip reports when I am trying to decide where to go next.

It doesn't appear that you are using a strobe?

victor:
Great pictures, what sort of depth do you shoot at?

I enjoy reading your reports, you have just the right degree of detail. I particularly like the way you link your description of what you have seen to your pictures.

I always look for one of your trip reports when I am trying to decide where to go next.
Thanks victor! Depth was normally 15-25 metres. I'm just a regular Open Water joe, haha!

Yes, I tend to detail out what I saw, normally for fish ID and to some extent, coral ID as well. Rest assured once I caught a glimpse of whale sharks, that will be the ONLY thing I write about!

caymaniac:
It doesn't appear that you are using a strobe?
Hi caymaniac, I don't use a strobe. The camera is a regular Canon A80. And the in-house flash is useless, normally.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom