Dive bag luggage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JahJahwarrior:
Packing all my gear into a suitcase isn't that hard, I can do that. I'm going on a cruise however, and I'll have to carry it all to a diveboat...I could get a mesh bag for fins, mask and all, reg, etc. I currently use a milkcrate for all that and a weightbelt. However, what about wetsuit and BC? Should I just get a big enough mesh version of a duffle bag to hold everything? I don't know when/where I can rinse gear off: perfect scenario has me cleaning everything very well before I get back on the cruiseship. Otherwise, I'm cleaning in the bathroom and leaving it on the verandah/balcony area to dry.

I have done diving from multiple cruises and I use the Akona Deluxe mesh backpack. I also have a mesh bag the size of a racquetball bag the literally take almost no space that I also take with me in case I need.

The Akona Deluxe mesh backpack folds up small emough to eailsy fit under the seat on the dive boat.

JahJahwarrior:
Packing all my gear into a suitcase isn't that hard, I can do that. I'm going on a cruise however, and I'll have to carry it all to a diveboat...I could get a mesh bag for fins, mask and all, reg, etc. I currently use a milkcrate for all that and a weightbelt. However, what about wetsuit and BC? Should I just get a big enough mesh version of a duffle bag to hold everything? I don't know when/where I can rinse gear off: perfect scenario has me cleaning everything very well before I get back on the cruiseship. Otherwise, I'm cleaning in the bathroom and leaving it on the verandah/balcony area to dry.
If you're going to get a mesh bag, get it big enough to fit everything. And I'd get one with backpack straps, as sometimes you might have a bit to carry it (unless maybe you're on the ship's excursion.) Carrying a duffel of gear gets old pretty quick, especially if it's wet.

JahJahwarrior:
But I can get everything except a tank in one of these mesh bags??

Depending upon what size you buy, sure you can. That's what they are designed to do.

Our family has a rolling duffle for the flight and inside we put our mesh dive bag that is just a shade smaller than the duffle. There are three of us and so we carry the mesh dive bag to the boat. It's pretty big, but contains all our stuff. Is this rude ? Should we all get individual smaller mesh bags for our stuff? I try to keep things neat on the boat, but......

We also use an Akona Mesh bag. It has a reinforced canvas bottom, as well as back pack straps and an outside canvas pocket. We check it on the plane with our fins, wetsuits, boots, hoods,etc. We can fit enough for our family of four. On the way home we do the same which is really handy when you're boots and wetsuit still may be a little damp. The breathable mesh keeps it from getting funkly on the trip home. We nestle our regs and masks within our packed clothing within our reular suitcase which makes excellent cushioning, and carry the computers on board.
The Akona bag is great because you can carry it on even the smallest boat and stow it under your seat, and the outside pocket is nifty for carrying some extra cash, tissues, defog, or even snacks as it keeps them dry. I believe we paid less than $50 bucks for it and it's held up incredibly. The only caveat is that it not only has a side zipper but a drawstring at the top. When throwing it on the plane, we usually secure it with a cable tie (security can still inspect through the zipper that runs down the side). Then we're assured not to have anything spill out if the drawstring should work it's way loose.
Well, I'm not the most experienced diver, but I can pack like the dickens!
Hope this helps you!

I have the large Akona rolling backpack. I have been using it since I started diving. It has been on many planes and I have never had a problem with it. I pack a mesh bag in it and use it for the boat, or if i am going to te beach. I used to put everything in the mesh bag until I switched to a back plate and wing. IT all fits but gets difficult to carry with it. I love the Akona rolling bag. I have found it to be a very versatile bag.

Vetdrm:
Our family has a rolling duffle for the flight and inside we put our mesh dive bag that is just a shade smaller than the duffle. There are three of us and so we carry the mesh dive bag to the boat. It's pretty big, but contains all our stuff. Is this rude ? Should we all get individual smaller mesh bags for our stuff? I try to keep things neat on the boat, but......

The only problem on the boat is bringing on something that permanently takes too much space. A mesh bag of any size that squashes down when the gear is out of it is just fine.

Hello

I thought you need an Lightweight Luggage, this is the best option, i found as per your requirement, generally the lightweight is preferably Wheeled Luggage.
Recently i visited an website luggageonline ,check out this, hope it will help you.

Back
Top Bottom