Dive Biz 2006 open to the public. Who's going?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is DEMA open to the Public? I was under the impression that it was not open to the general public, and that could be the justification for Dive Biz. Not sure.

W

Wristshot:
Is DEMA open to the Public? I was under the impression that it was not open to the general public, and that could be the justification for Dive Biz. Not sure.

W
DEMA is not open to the general public. Dive Biz is supposed to be a 3 day show with the final day being open to the public.

I may or may not attend DEMA this year and I will probably not attend DiveBiz UNLESS there seems to be a lot of manufacturers going. I would like to see a list first before I attend. I love the Vegas venue and I think there would be enough support for two shows. I would rather see more manufacturers than travel people. I like to see the new stuff. I would like manufacturers to do sales seminars instead of just taking orders. Show me floor plans for successful stores using your product. Competition is healthy. Let's raise the bar!

Debraw:
Show me floor plans for successful stores using your product.

I can do that, and you don't even have to travel! :D

http://www.scubatoys.com/poolcam/poolcam.asp

And, for the record, I agree with you - more manufacturers and less travel would be great!!! I have said before that one of the best things about going to DEMA in the past was walking around and looking at the folks who had one small booth, way in the back, with some innovative cool new product. I haven't seen much of those in the last few years...

Oh I see fill it with a million dollars in inventory in a 10,000 square foot building. What was a I missing? Oh yeah the MILLION DOLLARS....and 10,000 square feet!!! :11:

DEMA is not open to the public, but before I commenced development of a dive travel review, I went in anyway using a host of ruses keenly honed during my days as a young teen sneaking into movie theaters.

My most favorite way of punking the staff guarding the doors was to carry in a cardboard box and tell them I am a courier to deliver something to a specific booth.

I knew DEMA was for the professiononly, but just out of general principle, I didn't ask for dealer cost sheets for several reasons. One, as a businessman I didn't care what dealer cost was, and two, any dealer who didn't have a fair markup to himself was a fool...after all, all overhead, both direct and indirect shoud be paid by the client.

My main reason for getting in was to get first hand information on all the tech gear straight from the horses mouth and to interact with manufacters so I could line up what credit card I could deplete the remaining balance on with my LDS.

Quad Cities Scuba:
I'll stick with DEMA, one show is enough.
Divebiz called me for my opinion when they put the show together. DEMA was going to Houston (big disaster-attendance off at least 40%). I told them the industry cannot support two shows and as long as DEMA existed, if I exhibited at a show, it would be DEMA. For my two cents this show will be cancelled shortly.

Leadking:
Divebiz called me for my opinion when they put the show together. DEMA was going to Houston (big disaster-attendance off at least 40%). I told them the industry cannot support two shows and as long as DEMA existed, if I exhibited at a show, it would be DEMA. For my two cents this show will be cancelled shortly.

I've heard from a couple sources that if DEMA has a low attendance and doesnt make money like what happened in houston, that this would be there last show. Take that for whatever it's worth.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom