Dive buddies in Texas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RooLuvsToDive

Registered
Reaction score
Hi! I'm Celeste in Texas and I will --hopefully--get my NAUI C-card next Saturday! I will be looking for dive buddies in Texas/Arkansas/Louisiana/Oklahoma as none of my friends dive and I don't always want to go on trips alone!

I'm 33, single with no kids, and was almost scared of the water prior to taking this Scuba class. For some unknown reason, I decided to enroll in it and then, prior to class, had to teach myself how to swim underwater without a mask! I never thought I would be able to do it.....go figure, I can now yank that mask off underwater and clear it with no difficulties!

I was excited to find this board and will be reading and posting regularly!!

:bounce:

Hope to see you around a pond somehwere!

Congrats. on the C-card, you'll love it.
Hey, you're closer to me than Tony is, about an hour and a half. Broken Bow lake is not too far away, but Clear Springs has better diving.

Hope to see you at the water sometime!

Living in Texarkana you are a bit away from the most of the known dive spots here in the DFW area. You may want to check around your local dive shops and see what they have to offer in the way of local diving. Also, check around and see what may be available in the way of Arkansas lake diving. Wish I could offer more.

If you are ever in the metroplex, post a thread. I'm sure you'll find a dive buddy who'd be glad to show you Clear Springs. Otherwise, congrats on getting your C-card.

Jim

Falls around the corner and the temps are dropping, not the best times for Arkansas or NE TX lakes diving, but I have a buddy in Texarkana that frequents a couple lakes in Arkansas. My wife was just mentioning her "season" was almost over, but I'm sure I get her to bear the chill down here in Houston on a nice day. Congrats on the upcomming C-card and stay in touch with us. I'll be adding you soon to the list of Texas Swamp Divers!

tony

I just got back from warm sunny Cozumel where the lows were in the 70's. The temp at DFW when I landed was 69.

Come join us at Athens next spring. I'm also wanting to make a road trip to Ouichita some day, but thats cold water too.

Welcome to the world of diving.

TwoBit

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom