Dive buddies needed ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I may be able to borrow a couple of extra al80's from a buddy of mine for the dive on Sunday, ill check.

Also what time were you guys thinking of on Sunday?

Great! Here is the plan then:

Sunday 16th:
Shore dive @ Folly Cove (Participants: R Haren, AfterDark, Nick101, Captain Sinbad)

Wednesday 19th:
Shore Dive @ Nubble (Participants: Green Maneleshi, Captain Sinbad (afternoon)
Old Flounder, Captain Sinbad(Night Dive)

Thanks a lot folks. Looking forward to it :D.

BTW where does everyone rent tanks from? I am looking to rent steel 100s.

I may be able to borrow a couple of extra al80's from a buddy of mine for the dive on Sunday, ill check.

Also what time were you guys thinking of on Sunday?

No worries about the tanks. I can rent them from Mass Diving Inc. Easy!

Time of the day? I will leave that for the locals to decide. Whenever we can get the best tide / conditions.

No worries about the tanks. I can rent them from Mass Diving Inc. Easy!

Time of the day? I will leave that for the locals to decide. Whenever we can get the best tide / conditions.

Sunday the 16th high tide is 1145AM 1130 AM splash time would be good. We can meet at Folly Cove at 1000-1030AM. We'll need to unload and park the cars up the street and walk back to gear up. Does that sound good to everyone?

Sunday the 16th high tide is 1145AM 1130 AM splash time would be good. We can meet at Folly Cove at 1000-1030AM. We'll need to unload and park the cars up the street and walk back to gear up. Does that sound good to everyone?

Sounds good. I have never been there before, so i hope i can find it! here are some directions i found, will these take me to where we are going to meet?
Also how many dives, 1 tank or 2?

• [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    [*]Take 93 north or route one north to 128 north (Gloucester/Rockport)
    [*]Follow Route 128 until you pass both Grant and Blackburn traffic circles
    [*]Shortly after passing Blackburn Circle you'll come to a set of lights, turn left on Route 127
    [*]Follow Route 127 for 6.3 miles as it winds counterclockwise around the northern part of Cape Ann.
    [*]Folly Cove is on the right hand side of 127, just beyond a lobster shack and just past the Gloucester line. It is marked with a small sign "Folly Cove Landing"
    [/FONT]

I no sooner make these plans; get to work tonight and get asked to work overtime this weekend, which probably means they'll be asking every week until the end of Oct! I declined the OT because I have plans to dive the U853 Sunday and though I could work then dive it is really an exhausting and long day for me. Likewise driving back to RI after working all night and diving all day. We need the money too, the vet called this AM one of my dogs may have a bladder tumor and the ultrasound to find out is going to cost $350.00! This was after I got back from the LDS leaving $175.00 there!
I expect I'll be bowing out of this party. :(

Seas look like they might be rough this weekend but still hoping to get wet. Damn hurricanes ruining prime New England diving season...

I may try to join you guys on the 16th. Mass Diving is only dive shop I know that rents HP100 in area. Undersea Divers in Beverly may also have them but I think they only have a few in their rental fleet.

I no sooner make these plans; get to work tonight and get asked to work overtime this weekend, which probably means they'll be asking every week until the end of Oct! I declined the OT because I have plans to dive the U853 Sunday and though I could work then dive it is really an exhausting and long day for me. Likewise driving back to RI after working all night and diving all day. We need the money too, the vet called this AM one of my dogs may have a bladder tumor and the ultrasound to find out is going to cost $350.00! This was after I got back from the LDS leaving $175.00 there!
I expect I'll be bowing out of this party. :(

No worries! If you can make it it would be wonderful. If not then there is always a next time.

---------- Post Merged at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:34 PM ----------

Sounds good. I have never been there before, so i hope i can find it! here are some directions i found, will these take me to where we are going to meet?
Also how many dives, 1 tank or 2?

• [*]Take 93 north or route one north to 128 north (Gloucester/Rockport)
    [*]Follow Route 128 until you pass both Grant and Blackburn traffic circles
    [*]Shortly after passing Blackburn Circle you'll come to a set of lights, turn left on Route 127
    [*]Follow Route 127 for 6.3 miles as it winds counterclockwise around the northern part of Cape Ann.
    [*]Folly Cove is on the right hand side of 127, just beyond a lobster shack and just past the Gloucester line. It is marked with a small sign "Folly Cove Landing"

I will be bringing two tanks. Lets meet between 10:00 - 10:30. I will also be sending everyone my cell phone number so that we an stay in touch. Looking forward to it :)

---------- Post Merged at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:34 PM ----------

Seas look like they might be rough this weekend but still hoping to get wet. Damn hurricanes ruining prime New England diving season...

I may try to join you guys on the 16th. Mass Diving is only dive shop I know that rents HP100 in area. Undersea Divers in Beverly may also have them but I think they only have a few in their rental fleet.

I have never been to the Folly Cove but after reading on it, my understanding is that even if the sea is roughn, that particular area being protected remains fairly diveable. The locals here may be able to shed more light on this.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom