Dive buddies needed ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sounds good. If you want to go any other times that week let me know, I'm generally up for diving whenever where ever.

Great. I am on vacation that week and up for shore diving pretty much anytime. Id love to dive some more places around that area.

I no sooner make these plans; get to work tonight and get asked to work overtime this weekend, which probably means they'll be asking every week until the end of Oct! I declined the OT because I have plans to dive the U853 Sunday and though I could work then dive it is really an exhausting and long day for me. Likewise driving back to RI after working all night and diving all day. We need the money too, the vet called this AM one of my dogs may have a bladder tumor and the ultrasound to find out is going to cost $350.00! This was after I got back from the LDS leaving $175.00 there!
I expect I'll be bowing out of this party. :(
Story of my life this Summer.....Spashed the boat ONCE this summer in fresh water with my grandson...Runs Great.....Will lifes circumstances let me dive it this year?

Story of my life this Summer.....Spashed the boat ONCE this summer in fresh water with my grandson...Runs Great.....Will lifes circumstances let me dive it this year?

Sorry to hear that. I had a number of those years were I did one or two dives, sucks. I dove the U853 today. The vis down to 90fsw was tropical probably 50ft. I stopped for a minute at 60fsw looked up and spotted to divers at 20fsw. At 90fsw we saw what looked like a black object maybe the sub? No the sub is another 10' 20' deeper it was the thermocline! The vis dropped to 6" to 1' and the temp went from 70F 56F! A cold dark dive @ 120fsw.

Sorry to hear that. I had a number of those years were I did one or two dives, sucks. I dove the U853 today. The vis down to 90fsw was tropical probably 50ft. I stopped for a minute at 60fsw looked up and spotted to divers at 20fsw. At 90fsw we saw what looked like a black object maybe the sub? No the sub is another 10' 20' deeper it was the thermocline! The vis dropped to 6" to 1' and the temp went from 70F 56F! A cold dark dive @ 120fsw.
Wow...That dramatic a thermocline?....6'' at 120...with all the **** around structure...I'd have my cutting tools in hand the whole dive....must have been a calm day out there...keep divin A.D.

Wow...That dramatic a thermocline?....6'' at 120...with all the **** around structure...I'd have my cutting tools in hand the whole dive....must have been a calm day out there...keep divin A.D.

It would have been dead calm except for 3' to the ocaisional 5' swells at long intervals. On the sub was a strong current, which is unusual for the sub. I think the storms have brought in deep ocean cold water and the gulf stream explaining the exceptionally clear water above 90fsw. Dry suit time coming up!

Just to recap on the plans so far...
10AM on the 16th @ Folly Cove
Afternoon/Evening on the 19th @ Nubble Light
Other places.. Catherdral Rocks, Old Garden Beach, somewhere else?

Just to recap on the plans so far...
10AM on the 16th @ Folly Cove
Afternoon/Evening on the 19th @ Nubble Light
Other places.. Catherdral Rocks, Old Garden Beach, somewhere else?

Totally! I am up for at least one more day of diving. How about the morning/afternoon of Monday 17th?

Great! I am driving out from DC tonight. Hope to see everyone soon.

Hey guys, im really excited for the dive this weekend! My cell if anyone needs it is (570) 441-7910, call or txt if needed. See you guys sunday!

---------- Post Merged at 01:12 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:01 AM ----------

http://www.northatlanticscuba.com/dive-conditions.html

dive conditions have been steady improving all week, it should be good!

---------- Post Merged at 01:14 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:01 AM ----------

side note: u guys think this is a good deal? I'm thinkin about it http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/spo/3267230802.html

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom