dive budy;-o

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As far as my research has lead me to belive, there is no better place to meet and greet a new dive buddy in a particular area than RIGHT HERE.

I can't speak for everyone on this site but it seems to me that there isn't a single active registered person here that would turn you down if you said, "Hey <insert Handle>, I'm going to be in your area and wanted to know if you would go for a few dives with me?"

I would however retract the above opinion if it were to turn out that you were a known axe murderer! I think some would have a few reservations before agreeing to any dives in that case! :wink:

SpyderTek - Last diver in NJ that still WANTS to dive IN New Jersey!

If you need one in central FL ..(lake mary) I am here for you .....I was also in the army...95B......FT BRAGG...Good luck :boom:

Monkey,

This is probably one of the best places to find buddies in the different areas. Already I have made friends through this board with whom I do have plans to visit and dive with (such as Canada and the PacNW).

Just be your normal friendly self, participate in the discussions frequently, and keep us informed of where you're headed so that if one of us is in that area, we can make contact with you and show you the local underwater sights.

--TexasMike

hey mike well ya swamp diving sounds challenging .i my self am six months into my diving an will end up comercialy diving here in new zealand this webb sounds like the way to keep on the ball sotell me how is swamp diving i have been traped in weeds but no problems there as for swamps well must be dificult

Hehehe, I had always assumed the "swamp diving" was a joke and didn't think the Texas crowd was really doing this.

Which is it guys? Real activity or humor ancedote?

Spyder

Considering vis really doesn't mean much, if its deep enough to blow bubbles we just may dive it.

The name also stems from we like to dive spots that no one has dove before.

Tom

Tom and I are from the Dallas/Ft. Worth area of Texas, and there are not that many areas around here that are designated and dedicated as scuba spots. We have a few, but unfortunately, much of it doesn't have the greatest vis in the world and much of what we see has this green tinge to the color. So it's as much a bit of humor as it is reality to be part of the Texas Swamp Diving Team.

And there is a dive spot not that far from me (The Oasis) that if you are able to see two body lengths, you are either having a very good day or are in the wrong swimming hole!

Our group of divers were tired of much of the "blue water only" attitude that is prevelant around here so we buddied up and try to go to the local spots as often as possible. And anyone is welcome to join us!

Tom: BJ & I are talking about doing some serious expidition diving around this area. Something like drawing a 90 mile circle around Dallas and hitting every diveable bit of water inside the circle so we can discover if there are some neet areas that no one is diving. Do you want to be in on the Expidition Team?

Originally posted by monkeymustpull
Where is there a good bord for getting a dive budy in different areas?;-0

As SpyderTek said, this is a good place to find dive buddies. Where were you wanting to dive? When? Give the folks here a bit of warning -- not so we can hide, but so we can read your request, and hopefully make arrangements to go diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom