Dive caddy - airline carry on solution

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's awesome to hear about continental. Did you have the spider pack on as well when you tried to put it in the over head compartment? Did you go wing to wing?

I'm looking at getting the Aqualung Slingshot fins or Atomic Split fins which are both around 27" and weigh 7lbs for slingshot and 5lbs for atomic splits I think. Doyou think these fins will fit in the fin caddy and in the dive caddy itself?

I dont really know if I want a gen 2 to get the bag now that I know it's mesh. I may just try to pick up a gen 1 to save some money.

Any idea if there's anything else different on gen 2 other than the addition of the mesh bag?

Johnny,
Sorry I did not get back to you sooner. No I did not use the spider pack. On most flights I am able to place the bag in wing to wing. Some of the smaller planes only allow nose to tail storage. In these cases I usually have a companion add their bag in front of mine, that way we take up the same space as two roll on cases would.

Pictures of the new DiveCaddy will be posted soon. The new bags are expected before the end of January.

Safe Diving,
Brad 845-590-9721

I'm looking at getting the Aqualung Slingshot fins or Atomic Split fins which are both around 27" and weigh 7lbs for slingshot and 5lbs for atomic splits I think. Doyou think these fins will fit in the fin caddy and in the dive caddy itself?

Johnny to answer some more of your questions I contacted the Manufacture and got this response:
"The GEN2 DC was designed to fit larger fins. Our R&D team used a pair of XL Slingshots while designing the new GEN2. They will fit easily!"

Anymore Questions or concerns feel free to contact me.
Safe Diving,
Brad 845-590-9721

From what i see on the web site the dive caddy is out of stock i need one here by the end of the week. I leave town next week on a dive trip would of be nice to try out.

From what i see on the web site the dive caddy is out of stock i need one here by the end of the week. I leave town next week on a dive trip would of be nice to try out.

Sent you a PM. I've got one for you unopened, and can get it out tomorrow.

Can the Dive Caddy accomodate full foot fins? I have a pair of TUSA Expert Zoom split fins, but they're full foot.

Guys, for those of you who are using the Dive Caddy, I'm just curious but how heavy is the bag when fully loaded with your stuff? Im already using the lightest equipment i can find and yet everything weighs around 9kg when the airline carry on restriction is only 7kg?

Guys, for those of you who are using the Dive Caddy, I'm just curious but how heavy is the bag when fully loaded with your stuff? Im already using the lightest equipment i can find and yet everything weighs around 9kg when the airline carry on restriction is only 7kg?

You must be flying outside the US. US airlines are still allowing more weight for carry on.
My Divecaddy fully loaded usually weights in between 30-35 lbs, ( 13.60 to 15.8 kg).

Safe Diving,
Brad 845-590-9721

New Gen II DiveCaddy's are now available.

Back
Top Bottom