Dive Charter Recommendations in Key Largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jpdunc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My wife and I are recently O/W certified and plan a long weekend motorhome trip in early May to Key Largo.

I'm looking for recommendations for good dive charter operations and, conversely, ones to avoid.

Any information will be appreciated.

Hi jpdunc,
I have gone with Conch Republic Divers in Tavernier a couple times and they run a decent operation. I went with another company last time I was there but cant remember their name. I will try to get it for you if you want. The other company did not have a DM with you but gave great service and was very friendly.

www.diverscityusa.com

They do everthing from loading your gear to switching over your tanks, and unloading the boat at the end. It was great!

I have had Great experience with Horizen Divers. The first time I went there I was new to diving and they made me feel very comfortable. They walked me through boat procedures, safety and dive information. I will take your gear on to the boat and off. The crowd on the boat was small enough to get personal attention but large enough to meet new divers.

Horizen Divers in Key Largo
Good luck and have fun

Go with Conch Republic, you won't be sorry!

My son and I were down there a couple of weeks ago, and they had a large group out on their big boat (holds about 15 pax - I think). So they ended up taking my son and I out on their 6 pack alone. Was just like having a private charter!

Conch Republic is about 20 miles south of Largo in Islamorada, but it was nice to get into a little different part of the Keys.

Very friendly, professional outfit.:)

I had a lot of fun with Capt. Slate's Atlantis Dive Center. Knowledgable staff, very friendly. Capt. Slate does a fish feeding while he's there where he feeds barracuda, nurse sharks, and grouper from his mouth.

I have been diving in the Keys for several years. For the upper Keys, Lady Cyana Divers has what I believe the best operation. They can hit both the reefs and deep wrecks. They have a fantastically safe attitude but with fun applied.

If you want a more econonical dive but with a cattte size boat, go with Ocean Divers. They are professional in everyway and do their best to banish the cattle boat moniker.

Don't stop at Ket Largo, Visit the middle and lower Keys too. Marathon has fantastic diving and no crowds! I use a small shop called Paradise divers. Small boat and will take you anywhere (and they have Nitrox).

Duncan,

"Conch Republic is about 20 miles south of Largo in Islamorada"

Actually, Conch Republic is about a 300 mile drive from Largo. It is about 10 miles south of Key Largo on Plantation Key at Tavernier Creek Marina. Tavernier Creek is not a creek. It is very close to midway between Ley Largo and Islamorada. They do have a good operation.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom