Dive Charters Orlando area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jencks23

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
The wife and I will be in the orlando area in early November and are looking to possibly do a wreck dive. Anything good in the Orlando area? Can anyone recommend a good charter boat? Any info will be great

There are lots of wrecks from Jupiter on down to where I live in the Keys. Take a day or two and see the REAL Florida. :D

There are lots of wrecks from Jupiter on down to where I live in the Keys. Take a day or two and see the REAL Florida. :D

Yeah, Jupiter is where the good diving starts. You can dive north of Jupiter, and there are lots of dive operators that do, but those usually involve longer trips on the boats and murkier water.

Jupiter (and points south) are much closer to the Gulf Stream so the boat ride to the dive sites is typically very short.

The "Wreck Trek" off of Jupiter is an excellent wreck dive. Three wrecks in close proximity in about 80' - 90' feet of water. Blue Tang is a good operation in Jupiter.

sea dogs out of new symrna beach!!!!!!
good op
1 hr drive
have fun
yaeg

The drive depends on where you are in Orlando. If you're in the resorts area of Orlando then the drive will be more like an hour and a half. Plus to get to the dive sites in New Smyrna you're looking at having to go 10-12 miles off shore.

Jupiter from Orlando is about 2.5 hours. Plus the rates are typically less as they use less fuel to get the boats to the dive sites.

I'm not saying that New Smyrna or Cape Canaveral are not viable alternatives, but the dives tend to be better from Jupiter on south. *shrug*

I had 50 to 100 vis, temps of 72 to 81 in the past month.Have seen quite a few large critters up close recently including a 12' tiger shark just before I rolled in.Out of Jax.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom