Dive Charters Vancouver Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

According to your web site "When it comes to equipment, our policy is simple, "if it 's junk and not made to withstand the rigors of cold water diving you can't buy it or dive it here."
When do you make that determination. Should I give you a list before I book a charter?

So I doubt you will want me and my split fins, poodle jacket and airII system on your boat,
Thanks for clearing that up.

Peace...

SO in short you only cater to those diving in the DIR mindset only and disallow all others regardless of level of cert and type of diving (either normal tech or non-tech)?

Interesting way to run a business I must say. Maybe you shoul rename the company to: "Northwest DIR and DIR alone Diving Services -- all others go away!"

:D

Just a heads up Steve, you require double burst disc in your equipment setup. Check transport Canada regs on this but I think that is illegal.
You certainly have some very specific equipment requirements

I would have to agree with Dave on that one.....

Also, in my opinion I think you come across too harsh for a just a day charter.

One of the things that caught my attention was that you stated that "no one gets in the water without one of us"
I understand that you seem to care about the divers, but this would just turn me off.
I don't know you, I've never dove with you, and I am EXPECTED to dive with you?
Does our own experience account for anything or is it just ignored all together?

I should have a choice to dive WITH you.
But, it is quite obvious that it really does not matter.

I would agree with what others have said on this, I think this is a DIR like-minded charter, and i think that is who you need to cater to (possibly in the DIR forum on this board)....not post it on this recreational board because you sure aren't catering to everyone.
Just my thoughts.

Tamas:
SO in short you only cater to those diving in the DIR mindset only and disallow all others regardless of level of cert and type of diving (either normal tech or non-tech)?
Yea. You would think the audience would be pretty darn small. Tough to make money.

NTDS:
We offer one and 2 person private dive charters on southern Vancouver Island, we cater to DIR style divers or divers who have coldwater diving experience.

So are rebreathers out of the question?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom