Dive Club Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba T

Registered
Reaction score
I am in process of starting a local dive club. I have gotten some great feedback in the past from the group and hoping you can come through again. For those of you in local dive clubs how does the club liability work? Does the club have liability insurance? If so who carries the insurance? Does the club have a liabilty waiver that each member must sign? If any of you can help clarify this liability issue I would appreciate it greatly.

Thanks,

Terry

ScubaT,

Welcome to scubaboard! I don't know the specific answers to your question about liability but I would have a waver for a CYOA type of thing. If you are going to do club outings etc it could come back to haunt you.

In California (Like why does this not surprise me) a dive buddy was held liable for the death of his buddy even though to help save the buddy would have put him well beyond recommended safety limits and his experience level. So I would imagine that if you had a club outting and someone got hurt they might try and fall back on the club.

I would think a standard type of disclaimer would cover you for most things as they do in the case of a scuba park.

Hope this helps out!

Terry...

You might direct your questions via e-mail to Tekdiver (he is on this board). He is the VP of one of the larger dive clubs in the Dallas, Texas area, the ScubaDillos. Out of the all the folks I know who can help you, he would be the best choice.

You can use the "members" feature in the upper rh corner of the screen to find him.

Scuba T,

Hope you had a good trip! I'm organizing a group dive for this weekend so won't be on the board much. I think we can solve your problems much faster via phone than web so please call when you get a chance.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom