Dive Computer Cost

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lots of used computers on ebay. Older but perfectly functional. Mostly same algorithms without all the bells and whistles. Think $100 and less.

Notice the OP hasn't come back to answer any of the questions.

DR -- for what it's worth, I tell all my students to ONLY buy a Nitrox capable computer! But if the goal is cheap....

The Zoop is a great computer and pretty cheap. The Vyper doesn't cost much more either.
To ease the cost of the first couple years, there's nothing wrong with buying a good computer used either.
Lots of folks sell their basic computer because they need one that handles several gases, or trimix, or that will work with an air presssure transmitter.
If you want to upgrade a few years later, you can keep your 1st computer as a backup, sell it or
(*** best alternative ***) loan/give it to the boyfriend/girlfriend/friend/sibling/kid you've introduced to scuba.

Be careful. They chase you down the street at night.

P1010779.JPG

Hey! Who's after parts or service on their Bend O Matic?

See, one of my DIR videos in the middle, and yes, I analysed and I did.

I've seen the Suunto Zoop (nitrox-capable, wristmount configuration) on sale at a local dive shop (Sport Chalet in San Diego, CA) for $215.

The last computer I purchased was a used Suunto Vyper (nitrox-capable, wristmount configuration) for $100. It works great and has all the features I need.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom