Dive computer POLL (August 2004) with POLL feature!

What brand of Dive computer do you use?

• Uwatec

Votes: 39 21.0%
  • Suunto

Votes: 73 39.2%
  • Mares

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • Oceanic

Votes: 34 18.3%
  • Apeks

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Cressi

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Diverite, HS explorer, VR3 or other tech DC

Votes: 17 9.1%
  • Cochran

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Aeris

Votes: 21 11.3%
  • Other, please specify

Votes: 16 8.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

supervisor

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

the last post did not contain a real poll, because the poll option had to be filled in within 5 minutes.

So I just started a new poll, but WITH poll options!

Hi,

its head-to-head between tech DC en suunto!

Genesis Resourse Pro.
I just didnt feel the need for something more complex and expensive for the diving I do.
It is my first computer after 15 yrs of diving and has been a pleasure to use.

Sherwood Air Wisdom... Just my two cents :)

I use a Genesis React Pro for the main and a Suunto Mosquito for the backup and as my watch when out of the water. I like the log review function and I download the dives from the Mosquito because I was able to find a download cable on eBay for $15 vs $119 for the Genesis cable. The Mosquito is too conservative and gripes all the time, especially about me exceeding the 30' per minute ascent rate at all depths.

I like the React Pro especially for the Nitrogen bubble display. It graphically shows my residual N2 (and O2) so I can easily tell if I need to extend my surface interval, instead of using a timer or looking at the Plan mode. The Mosquito requires Plan mode to see the bottom times which you use to see the effectiveness of your surface time.

I had bought a Sherwood Logic (probably used), which I liked but permanently crapped after 10 dives. I then bought an Oceanic module on eBay (again used) which after 3 months started eating batteries in 12 hours but had no water leaks. I only buy NEW computers now!

Sherwood Wisdom dive computer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom