Dive Computer Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive School so far :)

symantics in this case. You still get direct access to a sales rep in your region as opposed to going through the consumer channels which may give you a very different perspective on a company than those of us that don't have direct access

How long do I have to wait for Deep 6 to make its grand entrance.

I don't think either of them has the answer! I hope I am wrong.

It's coming. I don't have an exact timeframe. Short story is we wanted to do some case re-design and I was working on changing the decompression algorithm, and both of those are ongoing at the moment. I wish I could give you an idea, but the computer will be released when we are confident we have everything like we want it.

I know some people are frustrated with that response, and I understand, but we don't want to rush the product. We want to make sure it is ready, and thoroughly tested first.

Last edited:
Most of the Oceanic and AquaLung (all?) computers are made by PPS. Most of their computers appear to be the same as each other's, except for the label.

For example, the AL i300 looks like the same computer as the Oceanic Veo 2.0.

One major difference, though, is the Oceanic version has 2 algorithms - DSAT and PZ+. The AL version only has one algorithm - PZ+. The AL does not have the DSAT algorithm, which is more liberal (i.e. will generally give a slightly longer NDL than the PZ+ algorithm).

If I were considering the i300, I would probably get the Veo 2.0, to have the extra flexibility. There is no downside to having that extra algorithm available in your computer.

But, I don't like how big those are, so I went with the Oceanic Atom, which is the same size as the Oceanic Geo - i.e. the size of a normal wristwatch. The Geo appears to be the same as the AL i200.

I saw some pictures of a dive computer / boot on your facebook feed from a year ago. Is that display what the model is going to have? (Or is that some other one)

DEEP SIX - The boot for our wrist computer, final... | Facebook

I'm mostly interested to know 3 main things about your entry level computer:

1. What type of screen will it have? (segment, matrix, backlight?, or something more like the cosmiq)
2. Can it run dual algs? (DSAT and buhlman)
3. Will it have at least 2 buttons?

Those are my main considerations for a beginner dive computer. Given that it's now 2017, i'm kind of stunned that most computers out right now still have such atrocious screens and user interfaces.

Thanks!

Is that display what the model is going to have?

Yes, that is the final design, the hardware internals have been completed.

I'm mostly interested to know 3 main things about your entry level computer:

1. What type of screen will it have? (segment, matrix, backlight?, or something more like the cosmiq)
2. Can it run dual algs? (DSAT and buhlman)
3. Will it have at least 2 buttons?

1.) Segment/Matrix hybrid - backlit
2.) It will run Buhlmann ZHL-16C as the main model, and a Customized Bubble Model (unless we end up removing this code).
3.) It has two buttons, one on each side, see more photos on that Facebook post to see them.

Yes, that is the final design, the hardware internals have been completed.

1.) Segment/Matrix hybrid - backlit
2.) It will run Buhlmann ZHL-16C as the main model, and a Customized Bubble Model (unless we end up removing this code).
3.) It has two buttons, one on each side, see more photos on that Facebook post to see them.

Any updates after another 6 months?

Any updates after another 6 months?

Yeah. Still working on it, among other things.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom