Dive Computer Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rycyt
I have an Aqualung i450T computer with a transmitter [if you want AI] for sale at AU $650
The computer is worth that alone . Transmitter is AU$400 new.
It is one of my backup dive computers [ I have 3 ].

Quick other question though, is air integration or a digital compass useful? I like simplifying things, having everything on one device, but would that be more things that could go wrong? I know the Peregrine doesn't have a compass or AI, but was just wondering if it would be worth getting a dive computer with those functions.

Yes. Very useful. I can glance at my Teric and get all the information I need. No more fumbling with the DC buttons or grabbing SPG. As an example, below:

6740617B-340A-415E-9CA4-A40DCED23893.jpeg

I see:
1. My current depth (132.7 feet)
2. How long I’m underwater (6m43s)
3. My tank pressure (2580 psi)
4. My remaining NDL (3 minutes)
5. How long to get to surface (TTS= 9 min)
6. Remaining gas time (GTR > TTS)
7. What gas I currently use (21% O2 / air)
8. Where is the north (red arrow)
9. Where is my destination (green dot)

Yes. Very useful. I can glance at my Teric and get all the information I need. No more fumbling with the DC buttons or grabbing SPG. As an example, below:

View attachment 645266
I see:
1. My current depth (132.7 feet)
2. How long I’m underwater (6m43s)
3. My tank pressure (2580 psi)
4. My remaining NDL (3 minutes)
5. How long to get to surface (TTS= 9 min)
6. Remaining gas time (GTS > TTS)
7. What gas I currently use (21% O2 / air)
8. Where is the north (red arrow)

Very nice.
But I find the watch size screen harder to read with my older eyes.
Youth, yes youth is wasted on the young, would have given my left t...... for a dive computer like that years ago.

The one with labeled GTR (Gas Time Remaining), not GTS. Teric would calculate it based on my SAC & my tank pressure. I had it OFF at the time.

Why did you have it off?

This means the heading you want to get to that you had put in the computer? How do you know if you are on the correct course heading? Green dot is at "12 O'clock"?

This means the heading you want to get to that you had put in the computer? How do you know if you are on the correct course heading? Green dot is at "12 O'clock"?

The heading that my buddy & I agree to go ( the green dot would be at 12 o’clock) Once we reach the stopping point, we’ll turn around & head back the opposite direction, that means the green dot would be at 6 o’clock.

The heading that my buddy & I agree to go ( the green dot would be at 12 o’clock) Once we reach the stopping point, we’ll turn around & head back the opposite direction, that means the green dot would be at 6 o’clock.

No numerical reading of the head possible with the green dot?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom